40-82 revisited

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

40-82 revisited

Post by Mike D. »

Now that cherry harvest is done things have quieted down some so I went back to solve the problem with my .40-82 W.C.F. cartridges not fitting the chamber of my '86. I decided to ream the inside of the resized Starline .45-90 cases with a 13/32" drill bit. Merely twisting the bit in the case neck did the trick to remove a minute bit of brass and let the 235 grain .406 Hawk bullets seat with ease. The cartridges slip easily in and out of the chamber with no resistance whatsoever. What in the world took so long? :)

Sorry, but photos will no longer download to Leverguns, so my pics will not be shown. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 40-82 revisited

Post by Pitchy »

Glad ya got it figured Mike, now to shoot it ?
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Soon, Pitchy. Temps were hovering in the 105º range until yesterday, but we're supposed to have a cool down next week. No shade at the range at our ranch, so early AM will probably be best. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Hear ya there, can`t take heat like that either, looking forward to the range report.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I used to be able to post photos from Photobucket, but the process does not work at this time no matter what I try. Weird. :?
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Mike D. wrote:I used to be able to post photos from Photobucket, but the process does not work at this time no matter what I try. Weird. :?
That is weird, i`m posting pics from PB fine.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Mike,

You can upload the photos direct to leverguns... Just look below the post a reply block (you will probably need to scroll down) and you'll see a upload attachment block.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Mike , I just copy / paste the IMG line from p/b .
They changed it a little , just clicking on the IMG line does the copy part , then I just paste here .
Hope that helps .

Phil
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I have done that countless times with total success, but as of yesterday it's a no-go. When the image code is highlighted nothing happens when I try to slide it over. It simply won't transfer. Gotta investigate further.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Without logging into my p/b acct , just hitting the link in my book marks , it seems to work .

This is the pic I was highlighting back when trying to make an easy p/b tutorial for another forum years ago.
Maybe shutting all the way down your computer and not actually logging into p/b and grabbing the pics that way may work ???

Phil
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

OK, I played around with PB and discovered that copy and paste works, but highlighting and dragging no longer does. Here are the missing pics. You can see that the action easily closes on the cartridge.:)

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Nice job!...i need to remember that trick..
beautiful case color on that old girl too...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I bought the rifle as-is, but someone did a great job of "restoration" on it. The case color wasn't original, it's a 1903 gun so it was blued when it left New Haven. It has a full magazine and nickel steel barrel.