Clint Eastwood 82

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Clint Eastwood 82

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Clint Eastwood turned 82 on the 31st...
great actor and director.....
best film.....tough choice....
Outlaw Josie Wales.....or Dirty Harry
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Re: Clint Eastwood 82

Post by DixieBoy »

No choice at all ... The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Funny (or maybe not so funny) thing about Eastwood. He is without a doubt a huge icon in American culture, and many of his movies are honest to goodness classics. But there's just one thing that bothers me about Clint.

One day I was watching one of his movies and did a little research on wiki to learn more about Clint. It turns out that he's been an industrial strength cad to women in his life. Has a couple kids that he's done really dirty, in my opinion. I mean stuff like getting a woman pregnant - while he was married - and disavowing his fatherhood, until paternity suits sprang up.

I know the movies aren't real, and these guys up on the silver screen are just ACTING, after all, but finding that stuff out about old Clint kind of took a little of the shine of him in my eyes.

Still love The Outlaw Josey Wales, and many other of his movies. But he's still not THE DUKE ! - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Pale Rider
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

all great but funny, my favorite is "Blood Work". Watched it about 30 times, many of them while working around the house or reloading or something.

What was his first movie? I have him in "Away All Boats" in 1956.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Rowdy Yates....! 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

AJMD429 wrote:Rowdy Yates....! 8)
watching season one....about half way through....great series
My neighbor looks like Wishbone!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I"m not sure he ever made a bad one...Some were just way better than others.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

I'm a big fan of most of his works but the Spaghetti trio still has me--saw them all first-run at the drive-in as an impressionable youth in the '60s, and the gritty imagery and score(s) stuck with me. Can't deny Outlaw... though, and thought Two Mules' was a hoot. Lots of fellow fans I've talked with never saw Eiger Sanction--sort of a Clint sleeper. Not an Academy Award winner, few were, but like them all - wildly entertaining, with one of the best one-liner's of all time. Tells a slimy henchman of his former CIA-sanction boss, after he said his superiors wanted to see him (Clint). "Your superiors huh? Well that doesn't narrow the field much now does it?"
Once visited his Hog's Breath Inn establishment for some grog in Carmel, but alas no Clint sighting.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm kind of partial to Unforgiven
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

El Chivo wrote: What was his first movie? I have him in "Away All Boats" in 1956.
IMBD has him in five movies in 1955, Revenge of the Creature, Allen in Movieland, Francis in the Navy, Lady Godiva of the Coventry, and Never Say Goodbye. I'm sure they were all great movies :lol:
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

"Kelly's Heros" has always been one of my favorites. "A Few Dollars More" is favorite of his westerns.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

2ndovc wrote:"Kelly's Heros" has always been one of my favorites. "A Few Dollars More" is favorite of his westerns.

jb 8)
There are so many, but how'd I forget Kelly's Heroes? One of my favorites. Great characters throughout and a rare mix of war and humor. Gonna dig that one out of the archives tonight to watch it!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

quite a bit of 70s campy in Eiger Sanction, but a great plot and one of Clint Eastwood's best.
A move, though, that's begging to be remade.

High Plains Drifter
Outlaw Josie Wales
after starring in spaghetti westerns, Clint Eastwood then produced them and made the movies they all wanted to be.
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Great actor and has made a bunch of great films that I love like Outlaw Josey Wales and Unforgiven but my favorite is Bronco Billy.

Eric
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

My favorite is one of his most recent "Gran Torino". He looked and acted so much like my dad in his final months after my mom passed away.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Friends Call Me Ji: Agreed!
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

I also loved those couple of movies he made with Clyde, the Orangatang (spelling?) and Bronco Billy. :lol:
Clint seemed to be able to play a wide variety of roles with mucho conviction.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:My favorite is one of his most recent "Gran Torino". He looked and acted so much like my dad in his final months after my mom passed away.
Me three. From any side or back angle he looks and moves so much like my Dad in his final years that it really hits me hard. My Dad was quite a bit kinder than Eastwood's characters though and a better man than Eastwood in my opinion. (I don't have half brothers/sisters and a passel of half-moms scattered all over the country.)

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Eiger Sanction, btw, is a movie that demands to be watched twice. The question asked at the end of the movie can be answered if you re-watch the climbing scenes in detail. Yes, he killed them all.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sounds like he has had faults, like all people. Overall, he seems like one of the good guys. Willing to stand up to the leftist in Hollyweird and be his own man. So many great movies to choose from, but my node goes to "Outlaw"...
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

did you guys hear that his wife has a reality show....
saw a commercial last night while flippin through the stations....
Id bet he is pe'od.....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I was lucky that way too, just to have one set of parents. Dad probley was bigger and tougher than eastwood at 6ft 5"s, unlike eastwood he never tried to push his weight around or try to intiminate anyone. He kind of was a "gentil giant". I think mom could be more fiesty than him. Mom was almost 5ft 11"s herself. Yet he was bad when pushed. Once when he was in his 70s he and mom came out for a visit. They went to our churchs prayer meeting one night when I went to work. The next day mom told this story: Dad probley made a mistake driveing. Anyway a guy pulled along side and shouted vile obscenitys at dad. Windows were down, a hot desert night. Than at the next red light the guy got in front of dad, blocked the road and walked back swearing. He must have thought dad a old harmless man sitting in his out of state camper, white hair etc. He got a surprise when dad peeled out! Mom said dad picked him right off the ground with his left hand, cocked his right, and said, Mister one more word out of you and I will break your nose! The thing was dad never bothered even mentioning it to me! Thats the way he always was. Dad died at 90 in 2,003. Below is the folks when they got married.

bobbyjack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bobbyjack »

Paint your wagon he and Lee Marvin were great in it!

Bob
Premo
Levergunner

Post by Premo »

Firefox! Sleeper Eastwood.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I love all the early eastwood westerns. but Unforgiven is probably my favorite of them all.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

My how time has blitzed by. I continue to think of Unforgiven as a "contemporary" Eastwood western and keep wondering when he's coming out with another! - but it's been twenty years now! I think of Pale Rider the same way and that was further back than that, and he was no youngster then! Ah oh, I resemble that. :(
JHarold
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JHarold »

I liked them all but really enjoyed "paint your wagon"
Lee Marvin was a hoot.
I think someone uses Lee Marvin's name in that movie as their forum name. BEN RUMSON ?
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

:lol: Guilty
From PYW: "Mrs. Fenty said: You should read the Bible, Mr. Rumson.
Ben Rumson: I have read the Bible, Mrs. Fenty.
Mrs. Fenty: Didn't that discourage you about drinking?
Ben Rumson: No, but it sure killed my appetite for readin'!
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

UncleBuck wrote:I also loved those couple of movies he made with Clyde, the Orangatang (spelling?) and Bronco Billy. :lol:
Clint seemed to be able to play a wide variety of roles with mucho conviction.
I met Clyde once
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”