Nice, very nice 1886

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Nice, very nice 1886

Post by Aussie Chris »

Had the oppurtunity to have a quick look at a very nice 1886 today. Totally original rifle with the best case colouring I have seen, beside my immaculate antiqute model 94.

The case colours were still very bright and my pics dont do this fine '86 justice. Had a cool tang sight too, octagonal 26'' barrel (looked to be 26''), a blade front sight and the standard crescent butplate. Overall a very very fine 86 with about 99% blueing in almost new condition. And the clincher, in 45-70....

Probably the nicest Winchester I have held :mrgreen:

This will be sold at auction and have been told it will probably fetch around $10,000 Aus. What would it go for over there in the U.S?

Wish I didnt just start a mortage and could add it to my collection...... :twisted:

Enjoy the pics

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: Nice, very nice 1886

Post by Mike D. »

Hard to say, but $10K AUS sounds like a bit much. The wood appears to be dry, but it may be the pics. Decent rifle that should bring $6-8K. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

That is a nice one :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mike D. wrote:Hard to say, but $10K AUS sounds like a bit much. The wood appears to be dry, but it may be the pics. Decent rifle that should bring $6-8K. :)

Took the words outta my mouth---on the money and the condition. Funny thing, you figure if a big dollar gun was going up for grabs, that the owner would give it a bit of detailing.------Sixgun

I would expect it to go for more in Aussie land as there are not as many to go around--especially one with condition.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD