Got mud rain?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Got mud rain?

Post by jnyork »

Here in Lander WY we got hit with a mud rain last night, got up this morning to absolutely filthy dirty truck in the driveway, had to get out the squeegee and the washer fluid and clean the windows before I was able to see to drive.

"Mud Rain" is a weather phenominon in which dust and dirt is kicked up into the atmosphere and blown into a rainstorm, where it combines with the rain to make "mud". We see it quite frequently in Yuma, high winds of an approaching thunderstorm kick up the dust and sand, then we get a sprinkle of rain and the carwash gets rich the next day.

We dont see it very often here in Wyoming. This particular incident was about the worst I have ever seen. The entire state was wet with 2 days of rain so this dirt had to be blown in from some other state hundreds of miles away.

Just wondering if anyone else got hit with it.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Got mud rain?

Post by Old Ironsights »

I've seen it a couple of times down here in Lingle... at least a similar but maybe lighter variant.

I'm sure Don &/or OlLogger can verify. But there is a lot of field dirt kicked up down here in the spring with the winds before what little rain we get...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
1894c

Post by 1894c »

never heard of mud rain and from your description i hope never to see it... yuk ... :(
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Don't recall seeing a "mud rain" since living in Winnemucca, Nevada. Folks there see the mud rain when the old west wind off the Pacific picks up lots of dust from the Black Rock Desert and then follows the dust with the rain. But I do know what you're talking about!
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

It blew like heck out of the south east so were probly the guilty party
it rained fri. morning only .25 in. now sun. & mon blows like heck from
the west, we mostly just get sand blasted here, but do see some
mud rain in between getting sand blasted & nothing

ollogger
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Saw it rain mud in Oklahoma as a kid in the 70's. During a drought. Not as bad as what you are describing but still yucky.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've seen it rain all different stuff when a funnel cloud has gone over after being on the ground, or upwind.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Not much rain here. Mostly just sandblasted like Ollogger ... Would really really like to see mud..
willygene
Levergunner 2.0

Post by willygene »

saw muddy rain in west texas when i was younger but not here where i live now. was in more wind in nebraska last week than anywhere in a long time.
williamranks
Levergunner 3.0

Post by williamranks »

Saw it a few times when I lived in Phoenix. Don't remember seeing at all up here.
Bill Ranks
I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Robert A. Heinlein