Nat'l parks free for military

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Nat'l parks free for military

Post by gak »

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Nat'l parks free for military

Post by jnyork »

Outstanding!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

cool 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I deeply admire and respect our servicmen, but all I see in this is government stooges delivering taxpayer funded perks to other government stooges, all on the taxpayer's tab.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The way I look at is they are creating a caste system. With the military a higher caste than non military. That is Un American.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Hmmm... an all volunteer stooge fighting force is what it sounds like we have today... All I can say as a tax paying stooge, nyuk nyuk nyuk, is I was drafted back in the day... I don’t know where that puts me in the cast system of stooges... Is that better than being a volunteer stooge or worse? :lol:

Edit... forgot about the lowly govt rejected wanna be stooge...how bad is that.. where in the stooge cast system to they fall... or is it rise? :lol:
Last edited by Ben_Rumson on Wed May 16, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Ben_Rumson wrote:Hmmm... an all volunteer stooge fighting force is what it sounds like we have today... All I can say as a tax paying stooge, nyuk nyuk nyuk, is I was drafted back in the day... I don’t know where that puts me in the cast system of stooges... Is that better than being a volunteer stooge or worse? :lol:
What is makes you is a slave.

Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

I'd tend to agree with Joe and Fred. We are all Americans and while I have all the respect in the world for our Military servicemen they're just Americans like everyone else. Never was able to wrap my mind around a career choice granting special privileges at the taxpayers expense. That said national parks should be free for all of us.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

In years past, I might have supported this. However, I personally beleive most if not all would prefer to be paid what they are worth and then let them pay their own way. That being said, the military no longer suffers from low pay, there are a few exceptions but overall I think the current military pay plan is sufficient.

IMO, a simple discount simular to that of senior citizens or other groups would be adequate.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The NPS "estimates...the passes...will result in a revenue loss between $2 million and $6 million." In other words they have no idea. In my short military career, the number of times I visited a NPS site equaled exactly, ZERO! Now for those that did a full career, how many times did you avail yourself of the amenities? Must be a SWAG to make themselves feel good about the decision. Tho' I'd admit, it might just be the incentive needed to have some servicemen/women and their dependents visit that part of what they're defending!

But, yes... it certainly should be free to those that sign up to defend those places... as well as the rest of our great (becoming more questionable by the day as I listen to the talking heads... wondering if I should put "formerly" in front of that adjective), country. It's becoming more and more stressful as I seem I have to remind myself that, "...it's still better than anywhere else I've been."
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Photo of some government stooges:
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

[/quote]
ED
Yer never too old
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I`d have to check but Minnesota used to give hunting and fishing licenses free too active service members. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Whether you enlist or were drafted, you wrote that blank check that is often mentioned. Those who are currently serving, while their pay is better than what my generation received, are not properly compensated.

How do you compensate a family subjected to long separations? Separations that have the very liklihood of becoming permanent. The few dollars that the government will not recieve from this is a paltry sum. But, if it allows a family, either recently reunited, or soon to be separated an chance to enjoy what these men and women are literally laying their lives on the line for, I figure it's money well not recieved by the national forests and parks.

Hell, no one gripes very loudly about money mis-spent, but they sure seem to make a lot of noise if someone who protects them gets a very, very, very small THANK YOU.

Sorry folks, but things like this push one of my buttons that you shouldn't get anywhere near.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Stooge? :lol: Whatever.....Hey, Wiedner, every month when my Military retirement check comes in I like to pretend it comes straight from your wallet....Molan Labe, Sucker :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Government welfare groupies are always happy when the big federal teat spews more sweet milk.

This is nothing more than government taking wealth and property from taxpayers and redistributing associated benefits to privileged government service toadies.

jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

So, Wiedner, care to tell us about YOUR military service?
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Wiedner, those stooges, as you call them, are dying for us. Who are you dying for? And yes I served, did you? May God bless you, for someone surely needs to. Geez!
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
old06
Levergunner 1.0

Post by old06 »

Its nice to see something offered to the ones who have severed all gave some and some gave all. I salute all who served …………. and for the one’s who lack something in there moral fiber you know what you can do
Psalm 16:1 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

the reason restaurant owners give free meals to cops is because they want others to see cops hanging around.

I think it's not a bad idea to have servicemen around in the parks. They're young, strong, skilled, brave, trustworthy, loyal, helpful, resourceful armed Americans.

What's happening in National Parks these days? Meth labs, marijuana patches, bears, wolves, etc. Be a good way to keep out the riffraff.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."