Win 73 Bolt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Win 73 Bolt

Post by pwl44m »

Hey Guys, need some Help. There is a Bolt on E-bay I would like for You to look at and tell Me what You see wrong with it. Can't say any more , Let Me know please.
Perry
Item number: 270960074157 , and while You are at it would You look at His/Her other items and report back please.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Win 73 Bolt

Post by perry owens »

The rib on the bottom of the bolt should project 0.065in from the bolt face. It is there to support the rim of the case as the extractor pulls it out. The projecting lug has broken off so the shell will fall clear of the extractor hook. The extractor itself is incorrect and the slot looks like it has been butchered. Not what I would call "nice shape" but probably repairable - I have replaced the support lug on one of my 1873s by milling off part of the rib and silver soldering a new part on.
Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Right You are Perry (still sounds funny) I bought that bolt about a month ago and sent it back for that reason. Now He has it listed again and does not mention that fact, just that the extractor is wrong. I also got 2 other parts from Him that were likewise. A hammer with the wrong stirrup and a carrier that was cracked. He is verry elusive on His descriptions and creates camera angles that don't show everything. I have learned to scrutinize His parts very close and find that most are damaged in some way.
Perry
1894c

Post by 1894c »

should report him to ebay... :)
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

rjf415 wrote:should report him to ebay... :)
I tried but got confused by their commands and/or questions. I left negative feedback and He responded with neg for Me. Said He can't please everyone. I could probably get My 30 buck back through Pay-Pal and they would certainly investigate.
Perry
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

I emailed him a question as follows:
Dear inspirationpisces,

Your 4th photo shows that the cartridge support lug has broken off the bottom rib of the bolt. Will this not affect extraction?
His reply:
Dear perryowens,

The rifle cycled just fine. I am not sure. The part has seen better days.
I was hoping the question and answer would appear on the listing but apparently that is at the option of the seller.
Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Perry, that is what I ran into. The questions don't appear, how can You get top dollar if You tell them the part is broken ?
The same thing happened on a pair of Toggle links(different vendor) the right link was broken and I e-mailed to question about it. never heard anything and they sold for $127.50. Another vendor had a pair of links that had a broken right link. He noted that in His description and said it worked just fine. Do they not know that those Toggles are the STRENGTH of the 73 ?
Frustrating to say the least.
Perry