Camping tip

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Camping tip

Post by walks with gun »

When camping or just bedding down for the night in the great outdoors, make a couple circles of cheap toilet paper around your tent or bedroll. Any mouse, snake, bug or other creepy critter will probably bleed out before it can get to you, very abrasive stuff. Just a thoughtful tip.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Camping tip

Post by gamekeeper »

Is that the John Wayne toilet paper? It's rough and it's tough and don't take no stuff off anyone. :?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

walks with gun wrote:When camping or just bedding down for the night in the great outdoors, make a couple circles of cheap toilet paper around your tent or bedroll. Any mouse, snake, bug or other creepy critter will probably bleed out before it can get to you, very abrasive stuff. Just a thoughtful tip.
I don`t know you :shock: :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

R O T F L M A O ! ! . :mrgreen:

rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

Naw, the TP is for when the snake is in your sleeping bag!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FWIW, when the ground is not wet, you can use diatomaceous earth around your tent to keep snakes at bay. It really grinds 'em between their scales so they'll usually turn away. But the mice would probably love it for killing fleas.

rimrock
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I always heard to put a rope circle around your sleeping bag as a rattler doesnt like going over a rope.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

Pet mongoose works best.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Booger Bill wrote:I always heard to put a rope circle around your sleeping bag as a rattler doesnt like going over a rope.
I've heard that throughout the years and was reminded of it in the recently release of "True Grit". I have no personal experience to say yea or nay, but would think a snake would go over a modern rope, but may not go over a rawhide reata due to the smell. Someone check that out and get back to us. :D
Old Law Dawg