Heads Up! Better Stock Up....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Heads Up! Better Stock Up....

Post by Sixgun »

on reloading gear, powder, primers, brass, bullets, whatever . Round 2 is coming our way! This just came to me fresh from the horse's mouth who is an industry insider. In fact, he told me it is already happening as the graph chart is showing much higher than normal sales this time of the year.

The gunshop owners in my area have told me they never had this much business in their first quarter. My buddy Tommy, who owns Targetmaster tells me he cannot get enough Glocks, 1911's, snubby 'Smiths, etc.

Anybody been to a quality gunshow lately? The aisles are packed and I noticed something different........where you usually see the same people, the aisles are now packed with semi-gun people, you know, the once a year shooters.

No, I'm not feeding this BS and its not a ploy to get us to spend our money......Its a reality with the election coming up. So..........beat those idiots who when they were asked if they wanted a "brain", they thought they were being asked "train" and said, "I'll take a slow one". :D You know, the dummies from Cast Boolits, Ruger Forums etc. :D

The Levergunners will be prepared! :D -------------Sixgun
Model A Uzi’s
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Heads Up! Better Stock Up....

Post by Mescalero »

Sixgun,
It is election year, the republicans are going to run Mitt Romney, which will assure the reelection of the incumbent.
This too shall pass.
In the immortal words of Will Rogers" congress is in session..... and no man's property is safe!"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'm thinking food and water and toilet paper and so on, this time; the economy is on life-support...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

I've heard the same from several shops... But the shelves look pretty full to me. Companies are producing as fast as they can after the last go around. And prices seem relatively stable stable to me?
PackinPreacher
Levergunner

Post by PackinPreacher »

What a shame! The hoarders from the last scare have barely been able to scalp all of the ammo that they grabbed off the shelves from the last time that the sky was falling. :roll:
I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God ... Romans 1:16
NRA Life Member, SAF Member
VietNam Era Vet (USN/USNR CTT2)
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

:lol:
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

PackinPreacher wrote:What a shame! The hoarders from the last scare have barely been able to scalp all of the ammo that they grabbed off the shelves from the last time that the sky was falling. :roll:
Prudence is not stockpiling.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea, and the funny thing about this is that WE are the cause of all this stupidity.

Oh well, One thing for sure, I'll be shootin' as much as I'm used to---with lots of trade stock. :D

You snooze---you lose.
Model A Uzi’s
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Buying more wheel weights next week, I should be at seven hundred pounds to melt down. But I do need to stock up on small pistol,small rifle primers and 22 ammo, then I should be set for a while. I usually like to keep about 5k of 22 ammo ,but my son keeps shooting it up .
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Well sixgun, the "dummies" from Cast Boolits beat ya to it. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=146681

As you said, 'You snooze you loose."

Signed,

One of the Dummies from Cast Boolits.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I'm still stocked up from the last scare.. no more room...
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Les Staley wrote:I'm still stocked up from the last scare.. no more room...

Me too -- i could always stand to add a few more boxes of primers and kegs of powder though
----- Doug
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

May be some short falls coming, there might not be. We'll just have to wait and see on that front but I'm not believing before seeing. Hysteria is what fueled the last scare. But I'm not in as bad of shape as I was last time. Truth be told that when centerfire supplies get hard to find I can have a pretty easy time putting up the centerfire guns without too many withdraws. There's maybe a couple hundred $$ that I should/could buy but I'm not staying awake nights over it.

What I really need to get stocked up on is more rimfire ammo. The centerfire supply crunch of a couple years ago was bad enough but the gun show dealers buying up all the rimfire ammo to sell at a 100% mark up is what hurt. It also peeved me off the most. On a business front I have no problem with what they were doing as long as they don't have a problem with me never buying anything from them and bashin them at every chance I get. A few more bricks of Fed. bulk and an extra brick or 2 of MiniMags should tide me over.

Next on my list should be shotgun ammo. I've don't shoot shotguns much but it's foolish of me to not have a few hundred rounds on hand for the most versatile guns available.

LK
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Kilkenny,

I do agree. Nothing wrong with making a profit, all businesses need to to survive.

However, there is also taking an advantage too far. During the height of the last crisis I went to a small show and there was a dealer there who never raised his prices more than his normal markup rates. When his primer cost doubled it showed in his retail pricing. But he was way lower than everybody else.

I didn't need much then as I was well stocked but I made sure to give him all the business I could. Good guy.

Cat
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

For many of us rimfire will be the most usable and the most tradeworthy.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I could feed the wife and myself for YEARS with a 22 rimfire and a brick of LRs.. (there's ten years supply of meat outside the house on BLM right now, as I type this).. maybe get a litte tired of antelope meat...
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Taking advantage for profit of the simple minded is morally wrong no matter how u cut it. :evil:
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I stocked up well before the last scare only because I got in on some club buys that were really good deals. When our club puts one together, I buy heavy so I'm not forced to scrounge at high prices. I've still got plenty to last me for a couple more years.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Hobie wrote:For many of us rimfire will be the most usable and the most tradeworthy.
Absolutely!
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Well, truth be known, I do have plenty of reloading supplies to last for several years but I do honestly believe that this time around will be more than just a "scare". Obama has nothing to lose in his second go'round (and I also do believe that he will have one) and I do believe that he and Eric Holder will do as much as they can to implement a tougher version of Clinton's ban. I plan on getting enough to last; I am 58 and I do believe that our sport is in serious jeopardy. Fortunately, I am at the stage and means in life where I can stock pile enough to shoot ALL of my guns for the forseeable future and still have stuff left over to pass to my child.

I know that some here believe that our gun ownership will continue no matter who "leads" our country but I do not and I am spending my funds accordingly.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Yes, I agree damien. I feel that to have enough for a few years would be highly optimistic. Unless one doesn't have the resources, that's another story.

Cat
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

yep,
Thanks!
1K of 40 S&W 180gr FMJ MagTech got today!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Catshooter wrote:Nothing wrong with making a profit, all businesses need to to survive.
Yes - AND the increased price-point means that the free-market will work as usual - by increasing the incentive to produce MORE ammo, which in turn not only satisfies the demand/market, BUT actually will lead to lower prices...!

Whenever people gripe about 'price gouging', they need to remember that the way to decrease prices and improve supply is to ALLOW so-called gouging, which spurs more production. Stifling it by legislation simply vents our anger on a few suppliers, and reduces the incentive to produce more and lower prices.

Note RUGER has "suspended wholesale sales" recently. . . ? Very interesting!
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I don't think YOmama has the stomach for taking on the gun lobby. I know that the Dems are still smarting from getting turned out in droves after they passed the Assault Weapons Band back in 1994. They have zero interest in getting thrown out again if they pass another one and with the Supreme Court decisions, they have even less chance of sustaining a restrictive law like that again. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be vigilant, but they understand that gun control is a 'dog that just won't hunt.'
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

madman4570 wrote:yep,
Thanks!
1K of 40 S&W 180gr FMJ MagTech got today!
At the risk of getting off topic, here... I have had very good luck with MagTech FMJs for my 32ACP and 158gr JSPs for my 38 special (bag was marked specific for 38 not 357) they were very accurate out of my S&W M15.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

I think you're probably right Steve, tough law to get passed.

But I could see him signing an executive order creating a tax on all things gun related. You know, to help pay for the health care costs of "gun violence". Like 500% or so. For the children.

Cat
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

COSteve wrote:I don't think YOmama has the stomach for taking on the gun lobby. I know that the Dems are still smarting from getting turned out in droves after they passed the Assault Weapons Band back in 1994. They have zero interest in getting thrown out again if they pass another one and with the Supreme Court decisions, they have even less chance of sustaining a restrictive law like that again. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be vigilant, but they understand that gun control is a 'dog that just won't hunt.'
I don't agree; as a first termer he couldn't risk it but as a second (and last) term president, there is no risk. At least not to him. And frankly, I don't believe that he is concerned about the careers of fellow democrats. It is all about him; hard decisions for the "good" of the country. Getting rid of whatever guns/guns related paraphernalia is just a cost of politics. A high cost for some, but for Obama, whose electable political career will effectively be over in 2016; no cost is too high.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Was at the largest shop in Tucson today and it was like deja vu all over again - NO large or small pistol primers. :evil:

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

damienph wrote: I don't agree; as a first termer he couldn't risk it but as a second (and last) term president, there is no risk. At least not to him. And frankly, I don't believe that he is concerned about the careers of fellow democrats. It is all about him; hard decisions for the "good" of the country. Getting rid of whatever guns/guns related paraphernalia is just a cost of politics. A high cost for some, but for Obama, whose electable political career will effectively be over in 2016; no cost is too high.

Right! Its all about him, Yomama! (no smiley face) (I like that COsteve)

And you know what, this gunny thing is all about me and like minded individuals

In other words, like I already said, "you snooze--you lose"

I ain't losing.

We all take for granted that things will always be this way or that way and it will all be "nice and rosey" down the road. That "bad" things cannot happen.

Well, I tell you boys, my grandfather (my mothers side) knew better too. My mother remembers (as a small child) her father saying that this new leader we have (Hitler) is a very dangerous person and we need to take precautions. Is what my mother remembers most is that the nice people, who were honest and optimistic were the ones who lived lives of destitution. (Einstein got the hell out :wink: )

She remembered the Jews being rounded up, the liberties being taken away, the food shortages, the extreme fear of day to day survival. My grandfather was no dummy. (like the guys from Cast Boolits :D ) (just being funny Cat Shooter :D )

My mom said after the war that the first thing she wanted to do was to hit the road and get out of this God forsaken country. She married the first GI that showed her affection (My Pappa :D ) (I really don't know if that part is true)

God rest her soul. I think of my parents every hour of every day. They instilled in me the #1 priority in life---survival. :wink:

I owe my existence to my grandfather. He was a very cunning and smart individual.

YES, it can happen. look around you---the world is vastly overpopulated--the ragheads want to kill us---the hard work and its fruits of the labor are going to the bums of this nation.

I ain't saying we all need to start hyperventilating on this issue---Just be prepared and go about living your life and enjoy all of the fun and fulfillment it offers. :D You don't have to go the route of the "Doomsday Preppers---but thats not really a bad idea And if the muslim (small "m") hits the fan, your good to go :D ---------Sixgun
Partial cache :D

Model A Uzi’s
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

“Note RUGER has "suspended wholesale sales" recently. . . ? Very interesting!
-- ADJM429

For those who will not bother to read the link, and/or will imagine or start an Obama/government conspiracy about this, there is a valid business reason behind Ruger‘s action:

“On Wednesday, gun maker Sturm, Ruger & Co. announced the company was forced to temporarily suspend its acceptance of any new firearms orders due to a barrage of wholesale orders — more than 1 million in 2012 alone. Last year the company shipped a total of 1.1 million firearms. This massive push ‘exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders,‘ the Connecticut company said in a news release, adding that it expects to resume normal operations by the end of May.”

Read all ‘bout it:
http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2 ... bout-obama
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

I plan to buy more .22LR before the November 2012 election, and more primers, and another jug of powder. I certainly want at least one more lever gun before November 2012, and I'd like to buy 2-3 other guns, but college expenses for the kids keep getting in the way. My extended family would be alright for years if something foolish concerning the 2nd Amendment happened in the near future. Several of us have places for the meet up if the need arises.

It's never been more important than now to use the power you and your family have. Vote every one of the incumbents out, each and every time. We don't need career politicians. Obama wants us to borrow another $15 TRILLION over the next 10 years--enough already!!

rimrock
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

A note on the Ruger story from a guy in the area of their Newport NH plant. They have been looking for help for months. Locally, they are using employment services to find help. Over a month ago, they were looking for 180 workers. Last ad I heard on the radio said they still need 100. They are even offering a stipend for commuters. Looks like the labor pool in the Newport area is lean.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

CBinNH wrote:A note on the Ruger story from a guy in the area of their Newport NH plant. They have been looking for help for months. Locally, they are using employment services to find help. Over a month ago, they were looking for 180 workers. Last ad I heard on the radio said they still need 100. They are even offering a stipend for commuters. Looks like the labor pool in the Newport area is lean.
The sad thing is that (A) it would cost me more to move there than i could ever recoup and (B) the east coast working for a gun company is not a good place to be for the next UN sponsored Obama/Romney administration.

Which is too bad, because I would really like to work for a gun company. But since most of them are in the East Cost Obliteration Zone.... well...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I am going to Big 5, 100 9mm 115 gr. for 29.00
Missouri Mule
Levergunner

Two Words...

Post by Missouri Mule »

Athens, Tennessee :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Watch yer TopKnot
Missouri Mule
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

CBinNH wrote:A note on the Ruger story from a guy in the area of their Newport NH plant. They have been looking for help for months. Locally, they are using employment services to find help. Over a month ago, they were looking for 180 workers. Last ad I heard on the radio said they still need 100. They are even offering a stipend for commuters. Looks like the labor pool in the Newport area is lean.

They are no doubt facing the same problems every other American company is facing:
Cant find anyone who wants to work.
Cant find anyone who knows how to work.
Cant find anyone who has the skills to work.
Cant find anyone who can pass the bottle test.
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

The pay scale in small NH towns won't draw too many prospective workers either.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

jnyork wrote:

They are no doubt facing the same problems every other American company is facing:
Cant find anyone who wants to work.
Cant find anyone who knows how to work.
Cant find anyone who has the skills to work.
Cant find anyone who can pass the bottle test.
Insist on having their companies in Urban Obliteration Zones...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I would not mind either, but I vowed years ago to never go east of the Canadian River again.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

COSteve wrote:I don't think YOmama has the stomach for taking on the gun lobby. I know that the Dems are still smarting from getting turned out in droves after they passed the Assault Weapons Band back in 1994. They have zero interest in getting thrown out again if they pass another one and with the Supreme Court decisions, they have even less chance of sustaining a restrictive law like that again. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be vigilant, but they understand that gun control is a 'dog that just won't hunt.'

What the Dems HAVE learned is a frontal assajult on our rights is not productive, BUT a back door assault on the second amendment is very real and very possible. How? Just look into what Hillary and Obummer are both in favor of and it's the UN small arms limitation treaty. In a back door attack, this will, according to them, just affect small arms sales to foreign nations, to limit the amount of guns the revolutionaries can obtain. However, in reality it also limits the number and type of guns that can be sold within those countries, and they have to meet UN APPROVAL, for sales and personal ownership.

Folks this thing is real and those two, as well as Holder are all in for it. It DOES have to ratified by Congress, but we have seen how he has made public comments that he will use the power of Executive Orders to get around what he calls, "a do nothing congress", for the "good of the people". Do not think for a minute that he will not pull stuff like this in his second term, like was said, HE has nothing to lose. By the time he is out of office, it will not matter.

Revolutionaries, by the way, as many in this nation are fully aware, sometimes NEED to revolt. I will say no more on that topic as I do believe there are big eyes and ears out there. Not paranoid, just realistic.
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Stock the pantry,if nothing else.I did notice the last time that shotgun shells were in no shortage around here.Too bad I'm not much of a shotgun shooter.Russian ammo didn't seem to be affected either but the local guys don't stock often so it was a gun show deal or mail order.No black rifles here so my Mosin Nagant has two tins of ammo or a life time supply plus.......
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

I don't think YOmama has the stomach for taking on the gun lobby
I wouldn't be too sure on that. Desperate people will do desperate things, now that the rule of law has been trashed.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Mescalero wrote:I am going to Big 5, 100 9mm 115 gr. for 29.00
Don't run right out and do that if you haven't already. You should be able to find 9mm for close to ten bucks a box. In fact, several outlets are advertising them online for less than that. I think Wally World has 9mm for less than $14.50 a box too. (?)

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

100 9mm for $10.00?
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Mescalero wrote:100 9mm for $10.00?
I wish! No, for ten bucks a box of fitty which would be nine dollars less than $29 for 100! :D

Twelve bucks for fifty is more common these days though I have to admit.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting ... t104372280

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Wal mart 36th & Thomas & 18.60 for 50
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Mescalero wrote:Wal mart 36th & Thomas & 18.60 for 50
Terrible!

Well, Cabelas is running free shipping right now but it's limited so don't delay - I gave you a link there to 9mm they've got on sale at much cheaper than 18.50 a box and it's good stuff (I've shot a lot of that brand - it's excellent). I can find many more like it on the internet with just a few clicks.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/federal ... 26408.html

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_i ... m-fmj-ammo

Hey seriously, I'm not trying to be a smart alec, it's just that I shoot 9mm a lot so I know what the "going rate" is. If a fellow is willing to mail order or wait for local sales (we had 9mm on sale locally for $10.99 a box just last month) it is one of the most economical (if not the cheapest) to shoot if you're not a reloader (I'm not). If you live in the sticks then the free shipping specials can really be key to getting a good deal. Ammoman prices are always shipping included:

http://ammoman.com/p/168/9mm-sellier-be ... -grain-fmj

That's $11.49 a box shipping included, no tax, directly to your door! I use those guys a lot, they're great.

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

You can pick the full metal jacket ammo pretty cheap, but the good stuff (hollowpoints) will be double.
NRA Life Member, Patron
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Lastmohecken wrote:You can pick the full metal jacket ammo pretty cheap, but the good stuff (hollowpoints) will be double.
Yes, it's more for sure, but thankfully there's no need to plink or practice with the expensive stuff.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/fiocchi ... 08715.html

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/fiocchi ... 08716.html

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/bronze- ... 75549.html

This is kind of a nice deal here on some FMJ, brass ammo. It comes shipped in a plastic ammo "can" worth a few bucks for sure and shipping is free from Cabelas right now:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Herters- ... l+Products

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Two Words...

Post by AJMD429 »

Missouri Mule wrote:Athens, Tennessee :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncdXfUAkMUI