Gunshop doesn't play fair , It's evil I tell you!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Gunshop doesn't play fair , It's evil I tell you!

Post by BenT »

I can't afford to go to my gunshop any more . Last week they had this Rossi 92 in 357 , great shape nothing wrong with it for $189. Had to buy it.

I stop back in yesterday and the guy teases me with a Ruger 96 in 44 mag , great shape , little use, for $325. I'm getting tired of him taking my money. He's like dealing with DR. Evil. He even puts his pinky finger to the corner of his mouth and laughs as he takes my money.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Gunshop doesn't play fair , It's evil I tell you!

Post by gamekeeper »

My local pusher is the same, he even lends me guns to try... :evil:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I have an older fella who knows my weaknesses and plays to them... The latest is a 1946 made Remington 241 Special with Lyman receiver sight.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Hobie wrote:I have an older fella who knows my weaknesses and plays to them... The latest is a 1946 made Remington 241 Special with Lyman receiver sight.
...ouch... :)
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

$200!? That's a steal! Good job.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Dude you oughtta be in the backroom of a gunshop 4 days a week like I am with the ability to buy stuff before it hits the rack !

And I'm sure Hobie can attest to this .

It makies you buy a whole bunch of stuff you wouldn't normally buy :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Incidently nice Winchester 351 !

Had one of those pass thru the shop about a month or so ago and I made sure it went to an older friend that really enjoys that type of thing . Also told him if it had been for the 401 WIN cartridge he'd never have gotten his hands on it :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

BenT,
If your shop ever gets another Ruger 96 in 44 Mag again in great shape as you describe for $325 PM me quick !!!!!!!!!! :)
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

nice snag on the rossi, & i like the self loader too
which gunshop has them kinda deals there ,
Mercantile?
ollogger
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

If you really feel bad about buying that Rossi, I'll gladly take it off your hands for what you payed for it :wink: Seriously, though, that's a great deal. I wouldn't have passed it up either. Sounds like your local candy store has way better prices than any of mine.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

ollogger wrote:nice snag on the rossi, & i like the self loader too
which gunshop has them kinda deals there ,
Mercantile?
ollogger
The Mercantile isn't what is was since the old man died. I still do dealings there , but his son isn't a Winchester guy for being a Madis.

The General is shop I go to mostly, it has only been around for a few years. It's hit and miss. But I drive by everyday and usual stop over lunch to BS. So when you're in there that offen , I tend to trip over few deals. The guy behind the counter is the President of the Long Range Shooting club and his wife works for one of my major accounts. There are a lot of gentlemen that stop weekly that are quite knowledgable and I usually end up learning something. Plus they have free coffee!

I had the 1907 Winchester there on layaway. I've been looking for one for a while. That one has a great bore and was made in 1909. I had a table at the local Gunshow last week to sell my wares and make some cash to pay for my gun habit. Needless to say the best deals I seen were with the these two guns. The 351 set me back $350, it was on the short list. I have bullets on order now so in a couple weeks I will see how it shoots.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Ben thats just really nice on his part. Hope you didnt twist your back too hard going for your wallet :lol: How was the Gunshow last weekend? Did I miss out on any really good stuff?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

8) 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

3leggedturtle wrote:Ben thats just really nice on his part. Hope you didnt twist your back too hard going for your wallet :lol: How was the Gunshow last weekend? Did I miss out on any really good stuff?
The show wasn't that good. Nobody was buying, not even the $15 ,$20 stuff. Last year I had most of my reloading stuff sold Friday night, this year I didn't sell any until Saturday. I didn't make the money I wanted.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

BenT wrote:I can't afford to go to my gunshop any more . Last week they had this Rossi 92 in 357 , great shape nothing wrong with it for $189. Had to buy it.

I stop back in yesterday and the guy teases me with a Ruger 96 in 44 mag , great shape , little use, for $325.

I would give anything to have a gun shop around here with prices like that! Actually, I would give anything just to have a gun shop around here!