Alaska Bullet Works bullets

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Alaska Bullet Works bullets

Post by big bear »

Anybody ever use these, the 250gr in 348Win, specifically?
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: Alaska Bullet Works bullets

Post by buckeyeshooter »

do not own a .348 ---- yet. But they work very well in my 50 alaskan.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

big bear wrote:Anybody ever use these, the 250gr in 348Win, specifically?
Yep, very good bullet. I shot several animals before a water buffalo finally stopped one so I could recover it. It looked like one of the pictures they use for advertisement, perfect expansion and great weight retention. Shot though several different hogs at different angles and distances.
Ricky

DWWC
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

RKrodle wrote:
Yep, very good bullet. I shot several animals before a water buffalo finally stopped one so I could recover it. It looked like one of the pictures they use for advertisement, perfect expansion and great weight retention. Shot though several different hogs at different angles and distances.
Might I ask, Buffalo Bore store bought or reloads? if the latter, what load? thanks!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I see that they don't make a .406 FN, either. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

big bear wrote:
RKrodle wrote:
Might I ask, Buffalo Bore store bought or reloads? if the latter, what load? thanks!
Mike at Grizzly loaded them for me, you could give him a call and he would be happy to help you with a load. Also if you don't have it there is a Xcel spread sheet that has been passed around that has a ton of 348 loads. Drop me your email in a PM and I'll send it to you if you want it.
Ricky

DWWC