My "project" for today.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

My "project" for today.

Post by Mike D. »

I'm making elk stew/chili. No real recipe, just kinda wingin' it. 1 1/2 lbs chopped stew meat, 1/2 lg chopped onion, 32 oz home made venison broth, 2 cans pinto beans, 1 can black beans, 1 can diced tomatos, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 lb cilantro, and spices according to likes. I'm a bit heavy on the cayenne pepper, but that's just me. I sauteed the onion and meat to brown and caramelize the onion and then tossed in the rest. Not bad after 3 hrs of simmering on the stove. :) Image
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My "project" for today.

Post by Pitchy »

Say now that looks good, and i might be able to eat some with no teeth.
mmmmmmmm good. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Your "project" for today looks much better than mine! I've needed to tighten the a/c drive belt on my truck for a few days... but between the fever, runny nose, headache and general, (I really don't feel like ....) attitude, I'd put it off, and put it off. Plus the two connectors to my back up lights have corroded off, leaving me with NO backup lights...

I finished two books in the last 3 days, and finally, this afternoon, got the a/c belt tightened. Now that the creature comforts are settled, I'll try to schedule the b/u lites sometime soon! But, for now... it's time to see if I can get that waitress to get me some more tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich...

Tho' your stew looks like it'd clear my synoses a LOT better! HOOO WAAA, cayenne pepper!

Mike, I WILL call as soon as I get my voice back! ('nother topic, don't worry 'bout it)!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

What time do you want us all over? :D
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Looks and sounds good, Mike. My project for today was replacing a rusted out section of stove pipe.

We recently finished off a big crockpot of venison stew. It lasted three suppers for the wife and I, and like any good stew it just got better with each re-heat. :D

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

"Mike, I WILL call as soon as I get my voice back! ('nother topic, don't worry 'bout it)!"

Not to worry, Griff, my voice is always bad; my wife says i mumble. True, but it's squeeky at best these days. Durned chemo! :)

Tim, my plan is for a 4 day reheat. Any stew gets better in time. :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Looks good. Feel better Griff.

Mike
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I knew when I typed that there would be some confusion. :oops:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!