LEver action rifle fighting dvd

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

LEver action rifle fighting dvd

Post by Streetstar »

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/levera ... ngdvd.aspx

Here ya go fellas! Time to load up and show the AR and HK crowd how its done ! :lol:

Venturino and Ashley Emerson both wrote articles on this too and their conclusion was to keep stuffing that loading gate at every possible opportunity

-- Sounds good to me (although i realize a lot of us have rifles with box magazines for this purpose, i like leverguns and the vid may be worth a look --- i like AR's too, but i am just as likely to have a lever gun at hand at any given time as a black rifle)
----- Doug
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: LEver action rifle fighting dvd

Post by JerryB »

Long before tactical was a word in our language I taught my son and daughters, then grandkids that a leveraction rifle will not be empty until you are out of ammo. Just keep stuffing them in.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I heard of stories about some old LEO's that used leverguns for their patrol rifle (1950's to 70's)--a 30/30, 44 mag, or 357 mag would work just as good today as it did for those old lawdogs...that's why I never bought an AR-15, between my patrol 870 and my leverguns I'm good-to-go. I should show up to our in-service-training with my Rem-Marlin 1894c next month... :0
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Well, the leveraction, was the first viable tatical rifle, almost, with the Henry, and the Spencer, more or less starting it all, and the 1873 Winchester probably saw more action, then most of them.
NRA Life Member, Patron
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Lastmohecken wrote:Well, the leveraction, was the first viable tactical rifle, almost, with the Henry, and the Spencer, more or less starting it all, and the 1873 Winchester probably saw more action, then most of them.
You mean all this time, my Marlin 1894 was a "military-style assault weapon..." :o :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

AJMD429: one time during a research project, I came across an article written during the U. S. Civil War about the then new Henry rifle. The writer opined that with the Henry one soldier could hold off an entire company.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

1894c wrote:I heard of stories about some old LEO's that used leverguns for their patrol rifle (1950's to 70's)--a 30/30, 44 mag, or 357 mag would work just as good today as it did for those old lawdogs...that's why I never bought an AR-15, between my patrol 870 and my leverguns I'm good-to-go. I should show up to our in-service-training with my Rem-Marlin 1894c next month... :0
When I started in the State Police we had Winchester 94 saddle ring carbines in .30 WCF at every office. We sold them and replaced them with Government M-16A1s and M-14s.
It is not the critic who counts
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Wonder if the North Hollywood shootout would have had a different (read: faster) outcome is at least some of those officers had been allowed to carry such 'antiquated' assault rifles. To me the lever represents the perfect balance between peace keeper and tactical intervention without the military stigma attached to more high capacity black rifles. How does the venerable 30-30 hold up against body armor, anyway?

My old 336. I plan to put my R92 in similar 'fighting' condition.

...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Paladin wrote:
1894c wrote:I heard of stories about some old LEO's that used leverguns for their patrol rifle (1950's to 70's)--a 30/30, 44 mag, or 357 mag would work just as good today as it did for those old lawdogs...that's why I never bought an AR-15, between my patrol 870 and my leverguns I'm good-to-go. I should show up to our in-service-training with my Rem-Marlin 1894c next month... :0
When I started in the State Police we had Winchester 94 saddle ring carbines in .30 WCF at every office. We sold them and replaced them with Government M-16A1s and M-14s.
thank you for your service...code-4 ... :)
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Those ammo slings can throw you off target if you're moving between targets horizontally.

A couple ammo wallets on a belt, or a bandolier work better.

People forget almost all modern hunting rifles started as military designs.. they work, and well.

I wouldn't pick a .30-30 over an M-4 or M16 because they have far better continuity of fire, but one would work in a pinch if it's what was at hand.

The Ruger Scout Rifle, with an Aimpoint H-1 and a couple 10 round mags with a few 5-rounders for hunting would make an excellent 1-300m rifle and do both duties in a pinch. As Jeff Cooper also noted, the "Brooklyn Assault Rifle" (Winchester 94 in .30-30) did nearly as well in being fairly capable fighting weapons without looking 'evil'.

My time in was spent behind a machine gun or an M-4, but it's the operator more than the tool. Proper training will make anyone better regardless of the weapon used.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

@ MrMurphy
You're right, of course. I normally detach the sling before shooting because of its independent mass. It's more for get-up-and-go sake.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Panzercat wrote:@ MrMurphy
You're right, of course. I normally detach the sling before shooting because of its independent mass. It's more for get-up-and-go sake.
That's why banditos wore bandaleros. :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

It's funny, when I first mounted the holosight on my GS, I got some funny looks at the range, this being quite some time ago. Today, I have quite a few asking how it works, what brand, etc. For once I was on the cutting edge of something. :mrgreen:

As to the sling throwing off once balance, when moving from target to target, I can't say. I've never had to engage more than one animal at a time. :wink:

Someone mentione North Hollywood. As I watched it unfold from the safety of my living room, I was thinking of another incident where the cops were outgunned. That was the shooting from the "tower" in Austin. Reportedly, some citizens tried to employ their own rifles, but couldn't get an angle on the shooter to obtain any hits. I do wonder what would have happen in North Hollywood had a single armed citizen employed a lowly scoped bolt gun in say 30-06.

Though most likely, had someone engaged and neutralized the bank robbers, they would have been arrested, tried, convicted and would still be in jail.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

Our Fathers and the things they built ( not leaving out the Mothers also ) were a tough breed ..............
.............................Mutt
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

The 92, 94, are true left hand rifles with top eject and right hand ports. You can stuff the loading port without moving your trigger hand from the firing position. When hunting you can hold a bead and reload at the same time. To me the only other real handy lefty is a bottom eject pump shotgun or double. Reloading a bolt is just not as smooth for either hand. However a bolt or auto shines in a slit trench.

There is a fellow who talks about using a lever for self defence. I think he is a Sherrif somewhere. I like his videos and real world experience shines through. The video below is light on tactical strategy but I liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c71cGMb6sU
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I watched a documentary on the Austin tower tragedy. I forget the details but I think an off duty LEO with two other brave men kicked in the door and dispatched the shooter. What I do remember is just how dangerous that LEO was. A decent man willing to risk everything and as tough as they come. Thank God we got some tough people watching out for us. They keep us safer than we realize.

Thanks to all the LEOs, you are a special bunch of citizens. I'll probably never have to use a lever gun in anger because of them.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Canuck Bob wrote:I watched a documentary on the Austin tower tragedy. I forget the details but I think an off duty LEO with two other brave men kicked in the door and dispatched the shooter. What I do remember is just how dangerous that LEO was. A decent man willing to risk everything and as tough as they come. ...
And he didn't need to wear Ninja Gear either.

Guts will always be more important than Gear.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

No kidding, he wore a short sleeve shirt and carried a service revolver if memory serves right. I'm guessing a 38 Special?
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Quick question... I'm considering desecrating my new r92 with a rail like so. How was this done? They had to remove the rear sight I guess and the forum I found that pic on mentions installing an AO express mount from XS Sights (I don't see an AO Sight here). Anybody have an idea how he did this? Any alternatives come to mind?

MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

AO ( Ashley Outdoors) became XS Sight Systems.

They make a scout scope mount installed by removing the handguard and installing it then putting it back on for most leveractions.

That particular one is weaver though they do make a Picatinny version for Marlins now.