Tacticool Marlin

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Tacticool Marlin

Post by olyinaz »

This one I can at least stand to look at without my eyes burning in their sockets.

It's a Grizzly custom: http://www.grizzlycustom.com/custom_lev ... tical.html

(And yes, some would say that's a grizzly sight!) :D

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Tacticool Marlin

Post by gamekeeper »

Definitely an improvement on the Mossberg..but I'd still prefer duck tape and a flashlight to that forearm. :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

game keeper wrote:Definitely an improvement on the Mossberg..but I'd still prefer duck tape and a flashlight to that forearm. :wink:

That forend looks like some sort of funky "tactical" saw, or rasp.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I think its better looking than the Mossberg also. Still prefer a more traditional Lever though.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I'm glad you can stand it. :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

It really does have something to do with zombies.
It's an infection.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

:?: :?: :?:
I bet if you shoot an intruder or thug with a regular ole marlin.....
he'd be just as dead....and you'd look better doing it.... :wink:
I guess I like the old fashion stuff...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

especially when you consider that he started with an actual Marlin and paid extra money to get it that way.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

That forearm is "fugly," but otherwise the rifle is ok.
I do like the enlarged lever.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Can't say I see anything intresting in that or the "tactical" thing Mossberg is kicking out along the same lines !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Pisgah wrote:
game keeper wrote:Definitely an improvement on the Mossberg..but I'd still prefer duck tape and a flashlight to that forearm. :wink:

That forend looks like some sort of funky "tactical" saw, or rasp.
And that is exactly what it will do to your hand too. Better wear gloves to shoot it.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old Ranger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Ranger »

That photo looks like it was taken inside a drained above ground pool! Now someone will no doubt say leave the weapon in there and fill it up again. But that's not me saying that. I'm just studying the responses thus far and that follows the pattern :wink:
Aim low boys! They're riddin' shetlands!
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Why would you possibly need a full length tri rail fore arm in the first place?
1894c

Post by 1894c »

model55 wrote:Why would you possibly need a full length tri rail fore arm in the first place?
rocket/grenade launcher, lazer sight or beam, flashlight, pulse-sonic weapon--would be interesting as a patrol rifle...although I think a simple 1894 in 44 mag or 357 mag, or a 336 in 30/30 would be very serviceable and about a 1/4th of the cost... :)
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Replace the cheese grater fore end with a normal stock and I like the rest the way it is.

Kevin
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

My eyes, my eyes!! :o :shock: :roll:

Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

model55 wrote:"Why would you possibly need a full length tri rail fore arm in the first place?"
So you can do THIS to your levergun!!! :wink:
Swiss Army Rifle.jpg
Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I see that as a corruption of the genre. If some body wants a tacktical rifle let them buy an M$ er I mean M4

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

J Miller wrote:I see that as a corruption of the genre. If some body wants a tacktical rifle let them buy an M$ er I mean M4
Well, when I go out to see what went "bump" in the night, which living on a small farm happens a couple times a week, I most certainly do NOT want an M4, AR-15, Garand, or M1A, with all the concussion flash, and flying brass.

I want something that DOES have a light, and a laser, and a red-dot sight, whatever it is, because all three of those things have proven useful to ME in real-world mundane check-the-chicken-coop scenarios - but I don't want to have to hang those practical accessories on an impractical semiauto military-style rifle (even though I do like shooting them too).

I want something that is chambered in a subsonic (so I don't have to wear hearing protectors just to go out and check the livestock), large-caliber (so it has enough energy to smack what it hits with some authority), blunt (so if I did miss, the velocity drops sharply and the projectile tumbles after a couple hundred yards). NONE of those apply to the M4, but they ALL apply to several of my lever-actions.

So, for me, the Marlin 1894 is the PERFECT 'tactical' firearm.

I'd like just one shorter section of forend rail, for my needs, and I would like that larger loop. The big 'John Wayne' ones seem silly, but a loop about 20% bigger than the original would be easier with gloved hands.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

All it really needs ia bout 3" of rail out there at the end of the forearm. The whole length rail thing is not really useful. And I'd keep the wood looking well, like wood. Otherwise, I like the concept.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I like it -- looks well thought out and well executed (much more so than the Mossy ) . --- there are little rubber rail covers out there that fill the space on the unused rail sections pretty easilly to take out the cheese grater effect ----

--- besides, even with open rails, it wouldn't hurt your hands unless it was in a significantly recoiling caliber and thats a '94 action, so we know thats not the case --- admittedly that is a lot of rail area though, the only thing i would want to add is a light and a red dot (basically something like Doc's ) -- so the rest of the rails are wasted and need to be covered
----- Doug
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I guess one advantage of 'all those rails' is that there wouldn't be moisture accumulating under the forend wood; that's a problem I have seen with tubular-magazine guns. It might also keep the barrel cooler, by serving as a heat-sink and allowing more ventilation; how much that would reduce the 'stringing' some leverguns have on warm-up, I don't know.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Is that wood just painted or is that composite?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

AJMD429 wrote:
J Miller wrote:I see that as a corruption of the genre. If some body wants a tacktical rifle let them buy an M$ er I mean M4
Well, when I go out to see what went "bump" in the night, which living on a small farm happens a couple times a week, I most certainly do NOT want an M4, AR-15, Garand, or M1A, with all the concussion flash, and flying brass.

I want something that DOES have a light, and a laser, and a red-dot sight, whatever it is, because all three of those things have proven useful to ME in real-world mundane check-the-chicken-coop scenarios - but I don't want to have to hang those practical accessories on an impractical semiauto military-style rifle (even though I do like shooting them too).

I want something that is chambered in a subsonic (so I don't have to wear hearing protectors just to go out and check the livestock), large-caliber (so it has enough energy to smack what it hits with some authority), blunt (so if I did miss, the velocity drops sharply and the projectile tumbles after a couple hundred yards). NONE of those apply to the M4, but they ALL apply to several of my lever-actions.

So, for me, the Marlin 1894 is the PERFECT 'tactical' firearm.

I'd like just one shorter section of forend rail, for my needs, and I would like that larger loop. The big 'John Wayne' ones seem silly, but a loop about 20% bigger than the original would be easier with gloved hands.

Thats not a bad looking setup. If inclined someone could pretty easy attach a rail to the forward end of the forend too & it wouldnt look nasty.
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

model55 wrote:Why would you possibly need a full length tri rail fore arm in the first place?
Dingle-balls, like they have in Tijuana taxis - some red, some blue, a few white -Wow, now that's tacticool (and patriotic). :D
"Please don't feed the trolls. Just the user name choice should be enough to ignore this guy..."
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Leverdude wrote:Thats not a bad looking setup. If inclined someone could pretty easy attach a rail to the forward end of the forend too & it wouldnt look nasty.
I thought about just getting a spare wood forend and affixing a short section of rail there, or some other way to attach a light.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Looking at that reminds me of two ugly girls at a dance. How do you decide which one is marginally better, or do you just go home and not dance with either? At least Marlin didn't build it that way, so they've got no hand in the demise of a nice gun, unlike Mossberg.
They both create a pretty strong gag reflex for me.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/