Attended my first gun show in York Pa...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Attended my first gun show in York Pa...

Post by homefront »

...it was truly a waste.
A ton of junk, all for too much money, everything going for at least retail. I came away with some riffler files, a diamond bit, a carbide shaping bit, a punch set, a brass hammer and some SKS stripper clips. None of what I was hoping for: powder, primers, brass, a holster, a lubrisizer, maybe a .22 hornet rifle. It's too bad, and I won't go again.
Are the gun shows better elsewhere?
budliteguy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by budliteguy »

They are not what they used to be. I went to one last weekend here in N.C. and it was bad. The next one I go to in another town close by next month may be better I hope. They are like a flea market you never know what you might find. Dont give up because your 1st one was bad.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

gunshows

Post by Hillbilly »

rules

1 if you are flush with cash and looking for specifics...none will be at that show
2 if you are broke and just looking... all the stuff you want will be there at firesale prices

It sucks to spend $10 to get in and go home with a couple of GI brushes

Jeff
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

What you experienced is a little something we like to call... a gun show. :?
Slow is just slow.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Homefront,
I thought it was pretty good. Remember, this show caters more to the old stuff. I picked up a double cavity Lyman mould for the 30 cal. 210 grain gc, two bottles of "Wally's oil", two medium sized cans of Ezox for $5 a can, dremmel tool accessories, traded a guy a Krag sight for an original Marbles tang sight for an 1893 Marlin even up, and a drum roll please.............An 1893 Marlin takedown, smokeless steel octagon barrel with near perfect bore condition, and full mag. chambered in the 38-55 cartridge for 1 G. I slugged the bore upon returning home and was amazed that it measured .378--a rarity for a Marlin. I shot 3 rounds out back and all bullets just about touched (50 yards) Plus I finally got rid of that pitted single shot S&W .22.

I bet you bought your little tools and files from the brown haired girl up front. I bought a mess of stuff from her too.

My buddy Gary got rid of a nice Nambu and snagged a Colt 1917 for a nickel--------------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I like the gunshow in Harrisburg, there is 1 next month the weekend of the 15th. It's large and has a lot of goodies.

Earlier this month I went to the big one in Dulles, Va. I bought powder for 3 bucks a lb cheaper then local. Got a few other good deals.

Try another show.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.