Rifleman news? Which rifle?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Rifleman news? Which rifle?

Post by gak »

I was looking for a recent thread on the new Rifleman series--and wondering whether any further news? Googling just brings up the same November 2011 info.

But also,..as an interesting related exercise, assuming it's still a "go," what rifle/carbine would y'all like to see Lucas wield this go'round? Offended if he shoots a 92 again, given the 1880s setting? Advance the story forward to 1892 and an older teen or young adult Mark to accomodate? Could a large loop 73 carbine be rigged--at least for Hollywood'n--so as to handle the flip? It's been mentioned maybe even the 92 was modified such? What say you?

As for me, I'm all for period correctness, but the original series' characters and stories were strong enough (and the focus versus dress, etc) such that it's not offensive to me with the 92 and '50s Hollywood hats 'n gun rigs. Not sure about a new go at this. I do think when Mr McCain ventures out on a known dangerous trek, he should have a proper cartridge belt versus the limitations of.a shirt pocket!
Last edited by gak on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Rifleman news? Rifle?

Post by Rube Burrows »

gak wrote:I was looking for a recent thread on the new Rifleman series--and wondering whether any further news? Googling just brings up the same November 2011 info.
But also,..as an interesting related exercise, assuming it's still a "go," what rifle/carbine would y'all like to see Lucas wield this go'round? Offended if he shoots a 92 again, given the 1880s setting? Advance the story forward to 1892 and an older teen or young adult Mark to accomodate? Could a large loop 73 carbine be rigged--at least for Hollywood'n--so as to handle the flip? It's been mentioned maybe even the 92 was modified such? What say you?
As for me, I'm all for period correctness, but the original series' characters and stories were strong enough (and the focus versus dress, etc) such that it's not offensive to me with the 92 and '50s Hollywood hats 'n gun rigs. Not sure about a new go at this. I do think when Mr McCain ventures out on a known dangerous trek, he should have a proper cartridge belt versus the limitations of.a shirt pocket!

I love the original. I also love to see period correctness. That being said, it would be hard to flip a 73 due to its size but I would venture to say that it could be done by a man with strong enough hands.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

This line caught my eye:

"Crawford kept in touch with Connors up until the latter’s demise. They actually reprised their beloved roles not long before Connors died, in a 1991 Kenny Rogers TV movie called The Gambler Returns: The Luck of the Draw."

I'll have to find that one just to see Lucas and Mark again...

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

FWiedner wrote:This line caught my eye:

"Crawford kept in touch with Connors up until the latter’s demise. They actually reprised their beloved roles not long before Connors died, in a 1991 Kenny Rogers TV movie called The Gambler Returns: The Luck of the Draw."

It comes on the Western channel sometimes.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Rube Burrows wrote:
FWiedner wrote:This line caught my eye:

It comes on the Western channel sometimes.
Speaking of...
Interesting, never did see this episode of Branded.
rtsp://v7.cache3.c.youtube.com/CjgLENy73wIaLwmp8mhyWOQKJBMYESARFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSB3Jlc3VsdHNg-veBsOSbnphODA==/0/0/0/video.3gp
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Rifleman news? Which rifle?

Post by Rube Burrows »

Maybe its just my computer but it says it cant open the link.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Rube Burrows wrote:Maybe its just my computer but it says it cant open the link.
I tried it again and it opens for me. Try going to youtube and typing "Chuck Connors coward" and it should come up (coward is part of the clip's title IIRC). Should be the first one that crops up. Branded, but Pa and Mark reunited--in a sense. Still can't get/find it I'll try a different address format.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

OH yeah....I do remember seeing that show before.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

It's about suspension of disbelief. Never mind how YOU would do it or what would really be period correct, just open your mind and enjoy.
Certified gun nut
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

adirondakjack wrote:It's about suspension of disbelief. Never mind how YOU would do it or what would really be period correct, just open your mind and enjoy.
Sounds like Oby-one :wink:
Harry
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."