Lyman #2 Tang Sight Wobble Fix.........DIY

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Lyman #2 Tang Sight Wobble Fix.........DIY

Post by rbertalotto »

I bought a Winchester 1886 this week and it came with a Lyman #2 Tang Sight that had lots of wobble........I wrote a little article on my web page with a fix. Hope this helps someone else with the same issue.

www.rvbprecision.com
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Lyman #2 Tang Sight Wobble Fix.........DIY

Post by CBinNH »

Very informative. I even think a klutz like me could do it following your directions. Thanks.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Wow, nicely done Roy! I'm impressed with your craftsmanship and taking the time to post the DIY info.

As noted on another forum where I commented on your excellent shooting bench, it's time you escaped from Massachusetts and brought your skills and interests on up to Maine! I'm sure you'd like it here.

Tight groups!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Nice info.
Old Law Dawg
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

I've been an expatriated citizen of Maine for 40 years. I have access to a camp in Chesuncook, I have a little trappers shack in Ellsworth and I currently hunt the Dover Foxcroft area with the local police folks. I started out hunting the Alligash, (St Johns River) when I was in High School. I was an instructoir at the High Adventure Boyscout Camp for Winter Survival in Orno. I've shot my share of bear, deer, turkey and coyote. One of the few states in the USA that it's relatively easy to access great hunting areas. With reasonable non-resident license fees.

Yup, I love Maine! I know the state better than most locals............. :lol:

But there are issues........No Sunday hunting, only one deer regardless of method, Summer is three weeks of bad snowmobiling and the state bird is a gnat!

We should get together sometime!
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com