Why we love traditional levers.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Why we like traditional levers.

Post by Griff »

Mutt wrote:Just want to thank all you wonderful folks for these fantastic photos .
It appears that many of you shooters live <snip> great lives.
.........Mutt
Wait a sec... we ain't dead yet! Fixed that for ya!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Griff wrote:
Mutt wrote:Just want to thank all you wonderful folks for these fantastic photos .
It appears that many of you shooters live <snip> great lives.
.........Mutt
Wait a sec... we ain't dead yet! Fixed that for ya!
Speak for yourself !

Some mornings I wake up feeling worse then I did when I went to sleep :o
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

For me if I wake up breathing, knowing my kids, and not in a diaper it is a fine day. A year of cancer treatment will do that to a guy!

One of the things that seperates a good day from a great day is shooting a bit or even just opening the safe and pulling out a lever rifle to fondle, opps, I meant handle.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Canuck Bob wrote:For me if I wake up breathing, knowing my kids, and not in a diaper it is a fine day. A year of cancer treatment will do that to a guy!

One of the things that seperates a good day from a great day is shooting a bit or even just opening the safe and pulling out a lever rifle to fondle, opps, I meant handle.
Fondle`s good :wink: :lol:
Praying for ya bro.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Pitchy wrote:
Canuck Bob wrote:For me if I wake up breathing, knowing my kids, and not in a diaper it is a fine day. A year of cancer treatment will do that to a guy!

Praying for ya bro.
+1

But back to the OP for a second... I read the title again... "Why we like traditional levers." And I find that I really have to take umbrage.

"...like..." Really? Are any of us really that blase' over our leverguns? Isn't that sorta similar to "good"? I mean, really? Are we MEN? Are we milk-toasts!

I happen to LOVE my traditional leverguns!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
PMWIZARD
Levergunner

Post by PMWIZARD »

Last Wednesday I was watching the outdoor channel the Shooting Gallery show. They were talking with one of the gentleman from Thunder Ranch on carbine training, he taked about an old LE gentleman who showed up at the course with an old lever action 30-30. The man out shot everyone, even those with black rifles.

That tells me that the lever action carbine still has its place in today's world.

just me .02 cents.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Re: Why we love traditional levers.

Post by Canuck Bob »

Griff wrote:
Pitchy wrote:

Praying for ya bro.
+1

But back to the OP for a second... I read the title again... "Why we like traditional levers." And I find that I really have to take umbrage.

"...like..." Really? Are any of us really that blase' over our leverguns? Isn't that sorta similar to "good"? I mean, really? Are we MEN? Are we milk-toasts!

I happen to LOVE my traditional leverguns!
You are right on the money, sorry for a moment of whimpyness, edited the topic heading to make amends.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Glad we got that cleared up. I know my relationship with levers is way beyond "like"! Actually, that includes certain single-shots too. Don't think I would ever feel that way about any semi-auto or side grabber! :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Pitchy wrote:

Praying for ya bro.
Bob, i want to be sure ya know i said i`m praying for your health, i wasn`t making a joke.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Pitchy wrote:
Pitchy wrote:

Praying for ya bro.
Bob, i want to be sure ya know i said i`m praying for your health, i wasn`t making a joke.
Thanks for the note and kind pm. I understood what you were talking about and really appreciate it. Your a fine gent and it comes through loud and clear, specially your sense of humor. Lately lots of prayers getting answered around here, and I'm pretty happy with the answers.

This thread has been a heart warmer. I spent years defending and promoting levers to greenhorns and usually got ignored or worse by the "experts". Being of the thick skinned animal variety I persevered and found here there are lots of qualified riflemen that agree with even more passion than me. Its kinda like sitting down at the kitchen table with a coffee or other suitable beverage with old friends. Helps to unwind the crazy world thing that happens around us. Happy New Year.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Canuck Bob, I know how you feel, I would sure like to sit at the old kitchen table with a pot of coffee and talk with anyone of ya'll.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Rafe Covington
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Rafe Covington »

My DAD and Grand Dad shot and hunted with 1873 and 1876 rifles, been lovin them about as long as I can remember :D

Rafe
Death Before Dishonor