Awesome R/C Stunt Plane Video

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Awesome R/C Stunt Plane Video

Post by Old No7 »

Wow ! ! ! :o

Yup, that says it all ! ! ! Just click this link . . .

Joe Smith's Friday Noon Demo

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Awesome R/C Stunt Plane Video

Post by kimwcook »

Unbelieveable. I've crashed probably 12 of those suckers, not on that scale, but it took me a long time to teach myself how to fly RC airplanes. Haven't done that in years. That's some talent and nice airplane.
Old Law Dawg
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

now that is awesome!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Put me at the controls of that thing and I'll bet you wouldn't be able to find a piece bigger than your thumb, in short order!! :shock:
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

I've built and flown em from 12 inch to 12 feet wingspan, and with motors up to and including a 3 lb motor making 7 hp. This kid was reallllly stirrin the pudding to make that plane continuously roll right off the deck like that (it takes constantly changing input to keep it travelling in one line while rolling) and he does it FAST. What the casual observer may have missed is he ALMOST lost it twice during that flight. He most certainly HAS taken more than one of em home in a "body bag" (we all do, that's how ya learn to push the limits).

VERY nice work.
Certified gun nut
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Wow. The closest I ever got to doing anything like that was the old Cox engine planes on a long string that just went in circles.....if you could get the motor to start. :lol:
Anyone ever have one of those back in the 60's-70's?
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

jkbrea wrote:Wow. The closest I ever got to doing anything like that was the old Cox engine planes on a long string that just went in circles.....if you could get the motor to start. :lol:
Anyone ever have one of those back in the 60's-70's?
In the mid '70s, I labored a month of evenings to build a cox-powered, tissue and dope -covered control line biplane. Not knowing a thing about it, I got it started and in the air. It immediately quit and buried itself in the blacktop parking lot... Thus was born my obsession with RC flight.

My most "awesome" plane was a 1/3 scale space walker (roughly the size of what he was flying) that would pull straight up from a vertical hover.

After it caught fire (bad battery harness) and nearly burned my house down as I forcible gutted the offending battery out of smoking wood in the shop, I built a 1/4 scale Piper Cub and took to enjoying "true scale" flight.... That monster was great. In a stiff breeze you could make it hover or fly "backward" as wind speed exceeded ground speed, while maintaining full control.

My brother just bought me an electric RC helicopter, so I'll be flying again soon....
Certified gun nut
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

jkbrea wrote:if you could get the motor to start.
:D

I built a glider that used a Cox Blackwidow and I was having a heck of a time getting it to start one day. I got into a rhythym of flipping the prop and the dog gone thing finally started. That new prop with sharp edges gave me like 15 stitches in a hurry. Something to say about using a spinner and a starter.
Old Law Dawg
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Wouldn`t ya love to ride in something like that, wheeeeeeeeeee
Most awesome. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

RIHMFIRE wrote:now that is awesome!
Ditto.. 8)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.