Ever trade for a rifle just because?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Ever trade for a rifle just because?

Post by TX50Cal »

I made a trade the other day for this http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/scheda- ... rting.html. I have no real use for this but am a big fan of the movie :D . Mine is a 45-70.
Gun is like new and also has the walnut box with the tang sight and all accessories. Traded a DPMS sweet 16 AR for it.
Dave in TX
MA1 USN (Retired)
Freedom is never really free, payments come due in every generation.
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Ever trade for a rifle just because?

Post by CBinNH »

I have bought & sold probably 35 to 50 guns in the last couple of years. Lots of them were "just because" guns.
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

CBinNH, wow I couldn't do that, scares me to even think about it. I have 40 firearms but have only sold 4 in 40 years. And then only because it was someone who was a good friend, really wanted that firearm, AND offered me way too much money. I am not sure if I am weird or you are. :P :lol: Merry Christmas and God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

TX50Cal wrote:I made a trade the other day for this http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/scheda- ... rting.html. I have no real use for this but am a big fan of the movie :D . Mine is a 45-70.
Gun is like new and also has the walnut box with the tang sight and all accessories. Traded a DPMS sweet 16 AR for it.
Dave in TX

You made a pretty good trade.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Rube Burrows wrote:
TX50Cal wrote:I made a trade the other day for this http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/scheda- ... rting.html. I have no real use for this but am a big fan of the movie :D . Mine is a 45-70.
Dave in TX

You made a pretty good trade.
That's my thought. Let us know how it does at the range.
Old Law Dawg
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Good Deal!
Isn't it funny how things work out!
I have only sold one gun which was a Colt SP1 (the early Colt AR15 w/Colt 3X scope)guy bought it for his job.(Elmira Correctional Facility) :?:
which he paid I thought a high price back in 1990($500) I then in turn ordered (2) 1991 preban :wink: consecutive s/n's Colt Match HBAR's.

The only gun I have ever traded was a 1986 Ruger Super Blackhawk(44 Mag)with a fancy belt holster to a guy at work for a new 1993 Winchester Model 70 XTR(7mm Rem Mag w/3x9 Redfield) his wife bought him for his birthday(which she also worked with me and asked what she should buy him)He never shot it.I told him his gun was worth much more than mine but he absolutely wanted my 44???

As of late I have given some as gifts or just because(course my daughter)
Last Christmas her boy friend(a S.A. M1 Garand) when he Graduated College(a Colt 1991A1) this Christmas(which also is his birthday time frame a 8" SS Taurus 454 Raging Bull)etc.

Guns are great things! :wink:

Crazy thing is I saw a mint(which mine was) Colt SP1 w/matching 3X Colt scope on GB couple months back.the price :o ($2700) :lol: :oops:
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I have also given a couple to my son on his birthday last May and as a surprise, I'm giving him one of my ARs tonight for Christmas.
Last edited by COSteve on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

" Just because " ...

Is there any other way??? :lol:
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I don't do much "Trading" someone always wants to trade Their $200 piece of Junk for My $300 piece of junk. Now "buy or sell" thats what I'm into.
PERRy
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

pwl44m wrote:I don't do much "Trading" someone always wants to trade Their $200 piece of Junk for My $300 piece of junk. Now "buy or sell" thats what I'm into.
PERRy
Don't trade much either. Most of my aquisitions are "just because".
Last edited by damienph on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Sometimes I just get tired of something and see something else I want more. Here of late I have come to appreciate accuracy more than action style. I've been thinking of shedding my M39 Marlin in favor of another CZ rimfire.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Rusty wrote:Sometimes I just get tired of something and see something else I want more. Here of late I have come to appreciate accuracy more than action style. I've been thinking of shedding my M39 Marlin in favor of another CZ rimfire.

The CZ rimfire would be a good rifle to get.
Last edited by damienph on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Some guns acquire an emotional "place" readily, and will never be sold. Others are just "there" and eventually find heir way to the "used to own" file. They are just guns.....

I like the Quigley Sharps :)
Certified gun nut
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Nice Sharps!! :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

I made almost the exact same trade a few years ago except it was for the .45-120 and it cost me a Special Weapons MP5 clone and accessories. :mrgreen: It left during the last round of "hard times" but I plan to replace it one day with a .45-70 like that one or a .45-90.

You're gonna love it... :wink:
Chuck 100 yd wrote:" Just because " ...

Is there any other way??? :lol:
Preach it Brother, preach it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

nice ...all you need now is the vernier rear sight
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

adirondakjack wrote:Some guns acquire an emotional "place" readily, and will never be sold. Others are just "there" and eventually find heir way to the "used to own" file. They are just guns.....

I like the Quigley Sharps :)

x2 --- The Quigley Sharps is one of my "bucket list" firearms ! "Just because" of the movie !

solid trade -- i'd normally say you came out ahead on the deal if it was a box stock heavy barrel DPMS (but nice optics, accesories and what not can narrow the gap naturally
----- Doug
TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX50Cal »

RIHMFIRE wrote:nice ...all you need now is the vernier rear sight
I got that in the deal too along with the nice walnut box for the sight, globe front with all different sights and two different aperaturs:)
MA1 USN (Retired)
TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX50Cal »

solid trade -- i'd normally say you came out ahead on the deal if it was a box stock heavy barrel DPMS (but nice optics, accesories and what not can narrow the gap naturally[/quote]

It was a box stock 16" ss HB with a cheap Bass Pro red dot sight that I got on a rifle from another trade :)
MA1 USN (Retired)
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

TX50Cal wrote:
RIHMFIRE wrote:nice ...all you need now is the vernier rear sight
I got that in the deal too along with the nice walnut box for the sight, globe front with all different sights and two different aperaturs:)
Excellent!...
Time to do some long range shoot'n!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

funny but my guns are "mine" and I haven't been able to trade them in or sell them. I thought I would but once I set up the sights and break them in they're mine and not to be sold.

When I got started I told myself I was going to have one or two and sell off any extras. That was a good excuse to buy anything I wanted to try out, but once I did so I found I did not want to lose any of them.

I might feel differently if I had started young and bought used guns, but these were all bought new and have always been mine.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

In the end, I guess guns are just iron. Sure, I have a few I will never happily part with, but any of of em could go if the reason was important enough. Long as I still have ONE so I wouldn't feel naked, the rest aren't THAT important, push comes to shove.
Certified gun nut
1894c

Post by 1894c »

don't even go there with the topic of this post--hours of intensive psycho therapy couldn't even begin to answer that question--that's like your wife or significant other asking you if you think they look fat in that new dress--wow--this is dangerous territory... :\

Nice trade by the way... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Post by smokenrust »

Nice rifle.
Bought and sold one rifle, and bought a Ruger with two cylinders and traded it for a 22BLR. But have given away several guns to the nephews. Thats it.
... And I still keep watching for good quality cheap junk that are older than the '60's, and that is getting rare to find, seems they all have gone up in prices in the last years... making them not so cheap anymore...LOL
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...