rifle sighting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
400short
Levergunner

rifle sighting

Post by 400short »

While travelling thru Great Falls last saturday I went into Scheels to kill time. They have a Marlin 1893 rifle, Half round half octagon barrel. 30-30, marked for smokeless. It appears all original, no blueing left. This rifle was a long time user. Crack in the front of the fore stock about an inch long and a chip missing from the butt stock adjacent to the upper tang, right side. Wood is shrunk away from the toe. Ser # 209xxx. They are asking $649.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Re: rifle sighting

Post by Borregos »

What was the bore like?
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
400short
Levergunner

Post by 400short »

Can't say.They had the thing all trussed up with tye wraps, you know how they do......and the store was jam full of Christmas shoppers, all looking at the super, short fat ultra latest whizbang plastic stuff. Staff was busy, so I left. I'm no longer in the area.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Prolly best ya left w/o it - pore thing sounds like it wuz rode hard & put up wet............... things happen fer a reason. ;)

400short
Levergunner

Post by 400short »

I wasn't interested in it :wink: for myself. I was putting the word out for them that needs more projects. I've got more stuff left uncompleted around here than I care to think about!