My Inexpensive SBH

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

My Inexpensive SBH

Post by Swampman »

I fitted a used New Model grip to the left side after installing the correct blackened hardware and medallion in it. I gave the grips a couple of coats of Min-Wax Satin Tung Oil Finish to make them match better. Just a cheap shooter and woodsbum pistol.

"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My Inexpensive SBH

Post by Pitchy »

Nice gun, a work horse for sur, hard to beat them BH`s. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

That is a nice SBH. You did a good job matching the grip. Good honest wear doesn't bother me in the least. I would have bought that one myself. I like the plumb colored frame too.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

Bubba had filed some finger grooves in the original LH grip pannel. It had a Houge rubber Monogip installed but I couldn't bear to look at it. I'll have about $350.00 in it.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I think that you did good, I wouldn't even blink over the $350 for that Super.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Looks like it's been used, but not abused. Nothing wrong with that one.
Old Law Dawg
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Good job , Shoot and enjoy. :wink:
Love the 3 screws. Has yours been converted?
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Swampman wrote:Bubba had filed some finger grooves in the original LH grip pannel. It had a Houge rubber Monogip installed but I couldn't bear to look at it. I'll have about $350.00 in it.
:lol: I have the same reaction to the Hogue grip on a BH :lol: --- They feel great (to me) - but the looks --- oh my-- i would rather my hand get pounded a little and stick with nice hardwood grips
----- Doug
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Nice pistola! Mine likes a mid-range load of WC820 under a Lyman 429421 cast from wheel weights...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That looks like it has been broken in enough to where it should shoot great. Ruger pistols tend to take a lot more breaking in than most others.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

It hasn't been converted and won't be if I can help it. It's very tight and smooth. It will be fed mostly Unique and hard cast bullets I'm thinking. I have everything to reload for it already.