Surgery, football, and the deer hunt....lol

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Surgery, football, and the deer hunt....lol

Post by draperjojo »

The 14 y/o son goes in to have some reconstructive surgery on his thumb tomorrow after his razor knife got away from him and exposed the bone. He severed some ligament/tendons (not sure which) HIS request to the Dr involved him getting a hard cast to protect his thumb his last month of football this season to which the Dr agreed as long as he didn't play this weekend, and to be knocked out completely during the procedure, which the Dr assured him he would. MY request of the Dr was to make sure his trigger finger was available for our deer hunt starting next weekend........sometimes my wife just rolls her eyes.....haha Be careful with those knives gentlemen........when the wife called to schedule the appt for surgery they told her it was about a 30 minute procedure and was about $14,000.......I've got good insurance but my copay still equals 2 good rifles........told my son I'd let him use safety scissors from now on. :-D
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Surgery, football, and the deer hunt....lol

Post by kimwcook »

Sorry to hear that. Stuff happens.
Old Law Dawg
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

sharp tools can hurt you, hope you and your son have a good time hunting. danny
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Hope all goes well!Have no fear -shot my first one with a cast on.If I can manage it any one can.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

that makes my hand hurt, just thinking about it. :|

hope he heals well and fast. :wink:
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me a few years ago. Thankfully my incident didn't hit any ligaments or tendons. Hope he is able to go hunting! Tell him to be more careful, sorry to hear about the incident.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

He came walking into our room about 10PM with his hand wrapped in a washcloth and said, "mom, I was trying to open my new football mouthguard with my knife........and I......the knife slipped.....and........I saw the bone..........I.

I said , "Sit down bud before you fall down"........and off we went to ER. I'll bet he has a new respect for knives...poor kid!