What is this?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

What is this?

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

Picked this up a few years back,never knew what it was or how old it might be.It's about the size of a half dollar.

Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What is this?

Post by Booger Bill »

Just a uneducated guess: A target that was meant to be thrown in the air by a factory marksman, meant to be hit and given out as a souvineer. This one was either missed or never threw.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Booger Bill wrote:Just a uneducated guess: A target that was meant to be thrown in the air by a factory marksman, meant to be hit and given out as a souvineer. This one was either missed or never threw.
Sounds like pretty good educated guess to me. Makes sense.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Griff wrote:
Booger Bill wrote:Just a uneducated guess: A target that was meant to be thrown in the air by a factory marksman, meant to be hit and given out as a souvineer. This one was either missed or never threw.
Sounds like pretty good educated guess to me. Makes sense.

I agree. Sounds like a pretty good hypothesis.
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Here is a bit of history on these tokens taken from an online auction site:

Remington Arms trick shooting token 1920's

Original brass trick shooting advertising token used by Remington trick shooters such as Billy Hill in the 1930's and 40's. They would flip these up in the air and plug them with their trusty Remington .22. It is about 1-1/2' in diameter and 1/16" thick and probably made at the Remington ammo plant in Bridgeport. On one side it says "Shot with a KLEANBORE Remington cartridge". On the other is "Shot with a REMINGTON rifle". A neat piece of Remington memorabilia for your collection

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I've never seen one of those. Neat to have!
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

Shasta wrote:Here is a bit of history on these tokens taken from an online auction site:

Remington Arms trick shooting token 1920's

Original brass trick shooting advertising token used by Remington trick shooters such as Billy Hill in the 1930's and 40's. They would flip these up in the air and plug them with their trusty Remington .22. It is about 1-1/2' in diameter and 1/16" thick and probably made at the Remington ammo plant in Bridgeport. On one side it says "Shot with a KLEANBORE Remington cartridge". On the other is "Shot with a REMINGTON rifle". A neat piece of Remington memorabilia for your collection

SHASTA
Thanks for all that info!!!