Please post pics of model 94AE's with scopes mounted

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Please post pics of model 94AE's with scopes mounted

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

I am thinking of getting either one of the model 94AE's available via the auction websites, or one of the new Mossberg .30-30 AE lever rifles. Point of buying it would be to scope it and then use it for target practice. However, I am wondering what these things look like once a scope is mounted, and wondering how low to the rifle the scope can be mounted. Please help out by positing pics of your model 94AE (any caliber) with scope mounted.

Thanks!
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

My 307 with Leupold 1X4 in Warne detachable rings. I can use the rear sight with scope/rings detached if I needed to. The rear notch just clears the mount & it is on at 50 yards. Weaver bases. Conventional low rings & mounts may bring the scope down more. Chris EDIT I see Jeff Quinn posted as I was trying to get a decent picture posted. His set-up looks lower.
[img][img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/C ... 0001_1.jpg[/img][/img]
Last edited by CBinNH on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

One of these is the same one you show leaning against the tree. Both of these rifle shoot sub inch groups so equipped. The top rifle has medium Leupold rings.

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

My 30-30 Trapper w/ a Weaver K4 scope and rings.

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"