Urban assualt rifle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Urban assualt rifle

Post by Marvin S »

Stevens Favorite that was originally a 32 RF but someone stole all my ammo for it. So converted it to 32 SW long. Load was a home cast Lee 90gr tumble lube with a whopping 1.5gr of Win 231. This is the second one I have got this year. This one was dining on my giant Japanese and Chinese radishes as you can see some in its mouth, and tell how quick the kill was. Hey it does have a lever on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Urban assualt rifle

Post by kimwcook »

Good for you. Get everyone ya can. Great pics, but I'd like to see more of the Stevens. :D I've often thought about picking one up. I love their looks.
Old Law Dawg
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Good looking rifle and nice shooting!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Them groundhogs eat pretty good if they aren't too old. Par-Boil the fat off, and then throw away the water and slow cook in sauce of some sort.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

Never et one but do have an old Remington cook book with recipies for em. I do know it was eatin good as it about wiped my peas out also. Sure like the 32 SW in a rifle, it can be quite stealthy.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Nice rifle, I like all of the old Favorites. I would be interested in learning what it took to convert it from rimfire to centerfire. I passed on a really nice 32RF Rolling Block a few years ago because I didn't think that I could ever shoot it.

Anyway, nice rifle and nice shot!
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

.336 dia straight chucking reamer from MSC to open the chamber, then plugged and silver soldered old firing pin hole. Drilled/counter bored block for center fire. Made new firing pin, case hardened and installed. That's the quick down and dirty of it. The bore is pretty rough but shoots very well yet. If I can find others with with a decent bore I would do it again. The Remington would be good also.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

kimwcook wrote:Good for you. Get everyone ya can. Great pics, but I'd like to see more of the Stevens. :D I've often thought about picking one up. I love their looks.
+1
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Thanks Marvin, I won't let the next one pass. I like the rolling blocks but I really prefer the falling block Stevens.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

As long as you weren't heavy on the pesticides in your garden, I'll second the notion that there tunnel rat looks like some good eats! :D

Nice lookin' rifle for sure.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

They dont call it the Stevens Favorite for nothing. Hopefully one day I will run across one!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”