Found a couple Marlins today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Found a couple Marlins today

Post by Bigahh »

On a regular gun " Looking" trip today after work I found 2 Marlins that are "Knawing" at me. A 336 in 30-30, pre-safety with a bit of Blue wear on the underside of the reciever. Looks to be an older one, very smooth with what I thought to be a very nice price tag of 235.00, it may follow me home tomorrow. Just what I need another 30-30. The other one is an 1895 Cowboy in 45-70 in perfect condition. Never handled one before, and it really felt nice. Lighter than I thought. The stock and forearm seem to be more scaled down than the new guns. I do not like the sight on it however. Too large for my liking, but thats an easy fix. It has a 600.00 tag on it, and I know nothing of the guns value as I have no experience with these rifles. Please chime in on this price, good or bad ?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Found a couple Marlins today

Post by Sixgun »

My thoughts?---the 30-30 can be found any day of the week---its not somethin' you need to hurry up and grab :wink: -the 45-70 is somewhat common in these parts, but........I don't know your parts......so............if you need to snag and grab, get the 45-70.....but.................offer the dude 5 c-notes---its tough times :D ---------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I love my 95 cowboy, that sounds like a good buy especially if it`s a older one.
I`d buy them both if i had the money and they were nice.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

I think I paid about $800 for my 1895 Cowboy 45-70. I just love the gun and it's very accurate. Three deer the first season with it.

Owen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Yeah, I'd flash cash for the cowboy or do a bundle deal...you never *need* another 30-30 but a pre-safety...if you take it home, it won't eat much and might be worth trade bait later.

.45-70 though, awesome round. I'd jump on that if I could.

I wasn't in love with the cowboy sights either. Got a Skinner (old Skinner, not new Skinner) sight on mine.

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

My thoughts ?

It sounds like I hear a twofer cash-on-the-counter offer ($$$ talks/BS walks) coming up - say, 2 for $700. . :mrgreen:

draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

I have both. Picked up my 45-70 for $500, only had a box or 2 of shells run through it and looks brand new.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Pete44ru wrote:My thoughts ?

It sounds like I hear a twofer cash-on-the-counter offer ($$$ talks/BS walks) coming up - say, 2 for $700. . :mrgreen:

I like the twofer plan. Both would be nice to have.