Might be your prayers or maybe I'm lucky!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Might be your prayers or maybe I'm lucky!

Post by Canuck Bob »

Thanks for all the prayers and kind thoughts. High dose chemo to prepare for my transplant is going along fine. My bone marrow is toast but they start rejuvenating it Wed.. Then next Mon. they collect my own blood stem cells for the transplant in 4 weeks. I wouldn't wish this on many but the end is in sight and I'm still the healthiest sick guy any of you know. My sense of humor is fine and one of God's healing gifts.

My little girls shaved Daddy's head the other day in prep for the chrome dome cancer style statement (I am 58 but have a full head of handsome grey hair the envy of my friends). We used an old beard trimmer and of course it gave up the ghost about half way. The girls and I roared with laughter because I was doing a great impersonation of a mangy coyote while buying a new trimmer at the store. I looked like a B movie serial killer minus the chainsaw!!!

Quick joke; How many cancer cells are needed to screw in a light bulb? Nobody knows, they multiply too fast!

Spent this morning rereading a bunch of Ken Waters articles (too few gunwriters like him anymore), planning to throat my levers (they got ramps like a curb!), cleaned up 14 boxes of older Imperial 32 Special 170 gr KKSP ammo and weighing my empty 303 brass from IVI (174 to 176 gr spent primer in). My 303 and 32 Special will use Canadian brass, I like that (I'm going to rename it the 32 Canadian Special). I realized a new thing about barrel slugs too. If you measure them too many times they get smaller, go figure.

As always family and fussing with guns is the best therapy for folks of our bent ways.

My thoughts and prayers for others in similar boats. Remeber the first rule of canoeing, keep the big hole pointing up.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Might be your prayers or maybe I'm lucky!

Post by kimwcook »

Prayers for the best.
Old Law Dawg
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Thanks for the update, Bob. Prayers still continuing anyway. :mrgreen: Would love to see a pic of haircut! :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Griff wrote:Thanks for the update, Bob. Prayers still continuing anyway. :mrgreen: Would love to see a pic of haircut! :lol:
Done, I got quick couplers coming out of my chest too. The nurse told me she could pump a liter in 5 minutes with all the tubing!!!!
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Hang in there buddy. Great attitude, that is half the battle.
By the way, that old Imperial brass was made about 5 miles down the road from where I live. A little town called Brownsburg Quebec. My Dad worked there as a carpenter. Sure do miss being able to get factory seconds for dirt cheap. They made great ammo, excellent brass for reloading. The IVI is not as good but not too bad, I have found them a bit more brittle.
Best of luck we are all pulling for you.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

We believe in God's will and prayer not so much in "luck" so our prayers for you will continue.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Hobie wrote:We believe in God's will and prayer not so much in "luck" so our prayers for you will continue.
Same here, luck is for gambling and the house always wins!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers continue!
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Just to clairify, your in my prayers too , but a little luck can't hurt.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Hobie wrote:We believe in God's will and prayer not so much in "luck" so our prayers for you will continue.
Same from here.

Canadian brass is GOOD, still using a bunch of Imperial 30-30 brass I have had for years, I get less split necks from the Imperial than any other!
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Keep up the good attitude, I will keep up the prayers. With His love, all things are possible.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Ya got a good attitude and a trust in God , prayers going out.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Attitude is not only a big part of dealing with Mr. 'C' when it comes along, but dealing with life in general. Glad you've still got it. I'm sure the kids help! 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Hang in there!

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

May the power come from God to make everything you are going through be 100% successful and you live long and happy!
Fight the fight! :wink:
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Bob, I know that there are several of you here going through this now, but you and MikeD and one or two more are in my prayers each and everyday. Our church like everyone's has folks fighting cancer. But we know it is all in God's will.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

My prayers continue for you and all that are fighting the big C. As a two time melonoma survivor, I know the power of prayer and the Grace of the creator. blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Very greatful to hear your winning the battle, neighbour, the range I'm a member at; is about to reopen up in olds, when it does and when you feel up to it, drop me a pm. I'll do the driving, and putting up of targets. Feel free to bring the kids eh? Have you made it out to the public range in Sibald? I hear it just reopened.

In my prayers, Bob. Stay Strong,
Sam
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Continued prayers and best wishes
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

samb wrote:Very greatful to hear your winning the battle, neighbour, the range I'm a member at; is about to reopen up in olds, when it does and when you feel up to it, drop me a pm. I'll do the driving, and putting up of targets. Feel free to bring the kids eh? Have you made it out to the public range in Sibald? I hear it just reopened.

In my prayers, Bob. Stay Strong,
Sam
What a wonderful offer, how come us slamndered rednecked gun owners are really such decent law abiding folks?

Olds is opening again, wonderful news! I travel by to our Red Deer office regularly and will get a membership if they are still available. Haven't been to Sibald in years. Your on with the offer. I'll supply gas, company card, and a trip to Tim's for coffee. It will be a few weeks as I'm feeling like a gutshot bear right now, hurt bad and mad, lol.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

The very best to ya, Bob.

Your sense of humor, as others have said, is a necessity for life -
not just life in adversarial conditions.

We're pullin' for both you and Mike.

-Stretch
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Oh, I'm certain that everyone's kind thoughts and prayers are givin' us old reprobates like us an edge in the "workout" with our afflictions. That, and a positive attitude about the entire process, will ensure a good outcome. "Big" chemo for me tomorrow; a 3 1/2 hour butt whuppin'. Maybe a trip to the Reno Gun Show on Friday, depending on my feeling. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
MistWolf
Levergunner 1.0

Post by MistWolf »

Here I am, settin' losing money because I can't go back to work until tomorrow and I come across this thread, just as I was getting ready to start feeling sorry for myself.

Dang. I was looking forward to working up a good grumble too!

May the Lord bless you and yours and guide the hands of those healing you
I am American
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Mike D. wrote:Oh, I'm certain that everyone's kind thoughts and prayers are givin' us old reprobates like us an edge in the "workout" with our afflictions. That, and a positive attitude about the entire process, will ensure a good outcome. "Big" chemo for me tomorrow; a 3 1/2 hour butt whuppin'. Maybe a trip to the Reno Gun Show on Friday, depending on my feeling. :)
Hope it goes well. I'm a pretty tough guy but this chemo whips my butt too.

My record is 2 1/2 hours, my hats off to you.

You guys must have some dandy gun shows, I'm jealous and hope you can drag your butt to Reno.