ammo prices

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

ammo prices

Post by rossim92 »

been looking for ammo in the .357 magnum caliber . Found that ammoman.com has good prices, but never in stock. My gunshop by me sells american eagle for $27.50 tax included for a 50 rd. box.Anybody have any suggestions for websites with reasonable prices? I don't reload because I only shoot when i have time. Between work and family, that doesn't leave me with much. walmart and dick's sporting goods are very limited in selection, especially in the .357 magnum.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: ammo prices

Post by shooter »

Academy Sports and Outdoors has some of the better ammo prices around here. I'm not much help because I reload everything I shoot except for .22's and the occasional cheap box of .30 WCF I buy at Wally World. You can make your money back pretty quick by reloading, especially at close to $30 a box. I can reload a box of .357 for $3-$4 if I cast my own bullets. Hope someone has some better suggestions than me.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
jfg_4
Levergunner 1.0

Post by jfg_4 »

Try this http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php it looks for deals.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Are you kiddin' me? There arefactories that make cartridges? :)

Cat
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Cabelas has Magtechs .38 specials 158gr LRN for $17.99(50)
Have been hearing from some people that they are even offering deals on the shipping because of the bad economic times?
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

Darn hard to beat Wal-Mart. If I can't get ammo from Wal-Mart, or a local maker, I reload, and reload, and reload.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Understatement of the year. I haven't seen a 50-round box of .357 Magnums of any kind under $16 in I can't remember how long!!! :shock:
Nate C.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nate C. »

Texas State Rifle Association http://www.tsra.com

Freemason. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

With .44 Mag, if I buy a box of 50, I'll pay $30 MORE than the components cost to reload 50 rounds, and reloading 50 rounds may take 20 minutes, so I figure until I can make $90/hr, I'm better off reloading than working overtime. Plus, it is more fun, and less stress.

(Reality check - since I'm self-employed, I don't get "overtime" in the traditional sense. Since it costs me about $15,000 per week to pay employees and overhead, and the FIRST 50 hours a week I work all goes to pay that overhead, I get paid ONLY for the additional 15-20 hours per week I work on top of that. So in my case working 64 hours and reloading for an hour might indeed cost me more than working 65 hours and not reloading. So much for socialized medicine... :( I guess the moral of that story is if you have the option of only working 40-50 hours a week and still getting a paycheck, then RELOAD...! 8) )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Some guys lack mechanical skills. Know your limitations.

On the other hand, if you can, casting your own and then loading them can save you tons. Even with the cost of equipment.

Cat