taylor 357

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

taylor 357

Post by rossim92 »

I ordered a taylor smokewagon in a .357 magnum to go with my rossim92 in 38/357. It finally came in today, went and paid for it. Now I have to wait another week for the state police paperwork to go through. I been reading the forum too much lately and caught the lever and singleaction bug. I guess my next step will be to join the csa club here by me. Only problem is I spend too much time at work. I will update later as to how the new revolver shoots and handles. Just a wish, I am now halfway looking for a used .17 hmr boltaction, or leveraction if one exists.

glenfield 22lr boltaction
remington 500 22lr semiauto
mossberg 500 12gauge pump
h@r 12 gauge breakaway
glock 21c 45acp
heritage 22 magnum sa
taylor smokewagon 357magnum sa
mossin nagant 91/30
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Re: taylor 357

Post by rodeo kid »

Henry makes three lever actions in .17hmr. They also make a bolt action, but it is only a single shot. Of the three levers, the Varmint Express is my favorite. God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Now I have to wait another week for the state police paperwork to go through.
I cant believe you have to wait....that long....

with a cwp i dont have to wait at all for anything..

have fun with your new smokewagon....
we need to see some pics and a range report too!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

rossim92 wrote:Now I have to wait another week for the state police paperwork to go through.
Man, it sounds like Maryland SUCKS... :( You have my sympathies. I once forgot my CCW piece, and just because there was one I'd been lusting for, went out on my lunch break and bought a handgun; walked out of the gunshop with it less than 10 minutes from walking in the door. :mrgreen: I've done the same thing with AR-15's a time or two, as well... 8)

rossim92 wrote:Just a wish, I am now halfway looking for a used .17 hmr boltaction, or leveraction if one exists.
Don't forget the excellent RUGER 96's - still around in the .17 HMR, or since they're magazine-fed, you can do like I did, and just get one in .22 WMR, and replace the barrel (same magazines work, so literally ALL you do is swap barrels, which is easy due to the 'dovetail' mount they use - takes about 5 minutes).

Plus, if I want to go back to the .22 WMR, I just swap barrels back again... :mrgreen:

Here's my handy little Ruger 96/22 Mag (now a .17 HMR) lever-action shown with the larger Ruger 77/22 bolt-action, both of which are tack-drivers.

Many people don't like the Ruger due to the one-piece stock (which is the same as 'collectable' Marlins of years past :roll: ), and the 10/22-like barrel-band. Personally, since I actually go out in the rain and woods and crud, I like a one-piece stock that I can remove totally with one screw after slipping off the barrel-band (which you can just leave OFF the gun if you don't like it, unlike the Marlins and Winchesters), and the 9-round box-magazine comes in handy going in and out of the house or vehicles, and gets me out of meticulous cleaning and de-moisturizing under the forend like the tubular-magazine, two-piece stock guns.

If I wanted something 'famous' I'd prefer the Marlin or Winchester, but for slick-shooting, accuracy, and affordability, I'll take a Henry or Ruger. The Ruger isn't quite as 'slick', but has a VERY short lever-throw, and beats the Henry for me due to being able to switch from .22 WMR to .17 HMR easily, and the ease of cleaning and detachable magazine (I can always carry two . . . or three or four . . . if nine rounds somehow isn't enough :roll: ).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "