Need some expert advice

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Need some expert advice

Post by jnyork »

Having put my 1886 Winchester .33 WCF in the museum, I now will get rid of my components and would like some advice on what to ask for them.

50 rounds brass from 45-70 R P, fired twice
48 rounds brass from 45-70, mixed headstamp, fired once or twice.
6 full boxes of the Hornady flat point 200 grain bullets made for .33WCF
25 rounds original .33 WCF primed brass in the original box.
about 35 rounds once-fired original .33WCF brass, mixed headstamps.

Any and all advice would be appreciated. Dont really want to try to pedal it at the gunshow.
ArcticGoose
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Need some expert advice

Post by ArcticGoose »

I say put it up for sale here, and forget the gunshow. I don't know about anyone else here, but I could use the brass. I'm pretty sure I have enough bullets, but it never hurts to have some extra around. Mrs. Sally Crabtree's '86 in 33Win. could always use some more components to keep her going. I'm not sure about current prices. I believe Hornady quit making those bullets, but Buffalo Arms has picked up where they left off.
Last edited by ArcticGoose on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not used one or is un-wittingly commenting on their marksmanship." Phil Shoemaker
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Hopefully someone with a 33 wil make you a reasonable offer.

I had some 33 bullets a couple years ago and sold them for about the going price on 348 bullets. Couple guys from here bought them. Price plus shipping.

The converted 45-70 brass is probably worth something near what 45-70 brass is, the 33 brass maybe a bit more.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The 45-70 brass is what it is---used brass---worth about half of what new brass brings--maybe

The original 33 brass may be neat, but to use it will invite splits as its old--yea, you can anneal it. maybe $10 for 20.

The Hornady bullets are what is worth anything. 35 or 40 a box. yea, you can peddle it on the internet for 60 but if that was mine, I'd post it all for sale for about 2 and a half with shipping included.--------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

ArcticGoose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ArcticGoose »

Buffalo Arms has Bertram brass (new) for $58.19 per 20 I think. Not sure what once fired would go for. They also have bullets for $50.00 a box.
"Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not used one or is un-wittingly commenting on their marksmanship." Phil Shoemaker