Henry .22 Mare's Leg followed me home

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
trooper joe
Levergunner 2.0

Henry .22 Mare's Leg followed me home

Post by trooper joe »

Was in my local gun shop bragging about the flawless LC9 I just bought from him on Monday. Was just about to leave and UPS brought the .22 Mare's Leg in.

Needless to say, whipped out the VISA and am proudly foundling my new purchase as we speak.

I think I am going to really like this little gun. Will carry it in my truck, loaded, since in Michigan it is a pistol and comes under our CCW laws. Just will not try to take a squirrel out of season (or in season either) if my DNR buddies are around.
Trooper Joe
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Henry .22 Mare's Leg followed me home

Post by gamekeeper »

Let us know how it shoots! :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Yep, an absolutely worthless design. I gotta get one :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

trooper joe wrote:Will carry it in my truck, loaded, since in Michigan it is a pistol and comes under our CCW laws.
THAT is an interesting twist. Might make owning one worth it, since loading/unloading a tubular-magazine levergun is a pain in the butt. I always thought the provision that a long gun be 'unloaded' was not entirely practical anyway, since the "law" would view a lever-action .22 LR with one round in the tubular magazine as a "violation", yet a 90-rounder magazine loaded and ready to slip in a Mini-14 as a properly 'unloaded' gun. :roll:

Besides, a CCW licensee can carry a loaded, chambered, Desert Eagle in .44 Magnum concealed under his jacket and not be considered in "violation", so is it really all that big a deal if he has also a .357 Levergun under the seat with five rounds in the magazine...?

P.S. - - - > P I C T U R E S . . . ??? :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I've seen those and they look like an interesting toy. It's fitting that they came out with it in .22 LR so you can afford to PLAY with it.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.