I stripped off today!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

I stripped off today!

Post by Nath »

The scope that is :lol:

I got all my chores done today, change the engine oil, move logs, cut the dogs hair, cook and light the fires. Wife and Daughter gone to town and the sun came out.

I decided to do something different, I took the scope off my 9422 and went for a strole.
Two shots comfirmed the irons were still set and four shots plinking and we were off.
We worked into the wind down a gully in the wood, Tia would mark and point what was ahead, mostly woodcock.

Any way we some got into a few pigeon,,

More to follow,,,

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I strippe doff today!

Post by Nath »

Next up was a squirrel, we were stalking a couple of rabbits but then this squirl came along.
Eventually his curiosity got the better of her and she had to come and check me out (an advantage of just standing still sometimes). Her end came at 20'!

And then there was the rabbit,,,

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Great pics a great day and place you have there to do all that. Nice work.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Good shootin, and fun. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

The rabbit I was real proud of, we stalked into an area I was expecting to see a couple.
As a twig snapped under my foot I imagined Tia rolling her eye's at me:roll: :lol: it bumped a couple of rabbits that ran up a hill some, carefully,slowly finding a gap to shoot through I had a pale brown rabbit on a pale brown background at about 50yds. I sat the post under the rabbit but raised the post in the V so I could keep my eye on him.

The first shot just snook over him but he stayed put, you know these 9422's, how slick to chamber a fresh'n in and the second shot got him clean through the ribs.

Tia made a good retrieve and here I am givin' her a fuss :D

When I got back to the car I fixed the scope back on and a few shots and a tweak to the right two clicks it was all set for night shooting again. Sweet 8)

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

very nice. great photos. great report.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I stripped off today!

Post by RIHMFIRE »

great post....always nice to see Tia.........
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Love the dog!

a pointing spaniel?????

is there much tsk,tsking about this or is it normal. seriously, I don't know. and
do you keep her from working ahead?

I know it's a little out of the way but you're welcome to swing by and straighten out my guy.....

thanks for the great story and picts

Best ,

Grizz
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

You sure do seem to have one of the nicest corners of Britain well staked out!! Lovely shots, good huntin', great dog. What's not to like?! :D

Cheers,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I stripped off today!
Had me worried for a second or two there, was hoping you would at least have the decency not to post photos. :lol:
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Grizz wrote:Love the dog!

a pointing spaniel?????

is there much tsk,tsking about this or is it normal. seriously, I don't know. and
do you keep her from working ahead?

I know it's a little out of the way but you're welcome to swing by and straighten out my guy.....

thanks for the great story and picts

Best ,

Grizz
Grizz, I don't understand tsk???

Tia naturally wants to work forward but understands the command "heel" and "get up". She sometimes reads my body language and with stay back untill called or my return. Other times I tell her to "stay" and will stay for a long time out of sight. This is when we are stalking.
When we are flushing game to a shotgun then the command is given to "get in" or "get on" or "fetch m' out".

Her pointing comes from the desire to flush but not being allowed, ever hoping I will change my mind!

She is cheeky and will try it on the first chance she gets! She still gets the odd reminder now and then when she pushes to much!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Veery good! Great day, bein' afield w/a good dog and rifle! Here I am, havin' to work AND fix the telly... somethings amiss between the dish & receiver, and the dang repairmen don't make "roadcalls"! :P :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Ur heading had us a little concerned, after all U said U were going to knock up a target the other day. lol
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Nath

in America, in spaniel field trials, which are competitions between dogs, if the spaniels point they're disqualified!

this isn't hunting, it's a game. read about it somewhere. so I was thinking how aghast the American dog snobs would be to hear of a pointing spaniel.

mine points when I hide his fetch toys and he discovers their odor overhead. but he sits and lifts the front left paw to tell me he's on it... funny as can be, but I always caution him that the snooty judges will disqualify him.... just an in joke between me and my hairy friend.

Regards, and a pet or two for Tia

Grizz and Chico
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Good grief! I could look at your photos all day!

I am just gonna HAVE to get me a digital camera one of these days...... :roll:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Well done Nath,
Looks like you bagged yourself a good sized rabbit.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the dog snobs have to say. It seems to me that a bloke would be better off with a dog that works the way he likes to hunt, rather than some stuck up mutt that works the way the landed gentry wanted it 200 years ago.
Personally I don't have the patience or know how to train a gun dog and don't hunt enough to make full use of one, but if I did I would want a versatile dog that could do many things well rather than 1 thing perfectly.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Very nice!!!

I was wondering what the world looked like without any snow -- so thanks for giving me some hope!

Great story and pix, as always.

Cheers!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Grizz wrote:Nath

in America, in spaniel field trials, which are competitions between dogs, if the spaniels point they're disqualified!

this isn't hunting, it's a game. read about it somewhere. so I was thinking how aghast the American dog snobs would be to hear of a pointing spaniel.

mine points when I hide his fetch toys and he discovers their odor overhead. but he sits and lifts the front left paw to tell me he's on it... funny as can be, but I always caution him that the snooty judges will disqualify him.... just an in joke between me and my hairy friend.

Regards, and a pet or two for Tia

Grizz and Chico

Ahhr, cheers Grizz. I'm just a country boy and don't hang out with snobs! Yeah we have the trials around here too and yes most of them seem to have a pole stuffed up,,,,,,,,, well you know! My dog is a hunting dog not a show dog.

Sometimes I let her hunt rabbits by her self, why? Because I know how much she would like to fang one for her self! Ever since she ran one past my feet once, the rabbit turned at my feet and she apeared from nowhere also on her side in a fast turn her mouth just reaching for the rabbit and plucking a little fur. The look in her eye's was priceless :D .

Old No7 wrote:Very nice!!!

I was wondering what the world looked like without any snow -- so thanks for giving me some hope!

Great story and pix, as always.

Cheers!

Old No7
Tis still cold at night No7. Weekend is forcasted for sleet/snow, miserable :(

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats Nath! Glad someone got to enjoy the day! :mrgreen:
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Great report and I enjoyed the photos.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Nath wrote:Next up was a squirrel, we were stalking a couple of rabbits but then this squirl came along.
Eventually his curiosity got the better of her and she had to come and check me out (an advantage of just standing still sometimes). Her end came at 20'!

N.
Nath looks like a good day. What kind of sling is on the 9422?
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Nath,

It's so cool to read of your hunting exploits with Tia. Because of you, she's been blessed with a hunting dog's dream life! And because of her, you've been blessed with a hunter's dream life!

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

3leggedturtle wrote:
Nath wrote:Next up was a squirrel, we were stalking a couple of rabbits but then this squirl came along.

N.
Nath looks like a good day. What kind of sling is on the 9422?
It is just a canvass type sling, a cheap one at that!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!