Brass cleaning

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Brass cleaning

Post by perry owens »

I load eight different calibres in black powder and I thought it about time that I upgraded my case cleaning equipment to a rotary tumbler and ceramic media. Thumler tumblers aren't available in the UK but in searching the web for one I came across this stuff:
http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/
If the advertising is true this looksto be just what I need but does anyone have any experience of it?
Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Brass cleaning

Post by J Miller »

Hmmmm .....

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Richard
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Richard »

I have no experience but by the time you add all the components together, it's a lot of money for an unknown result. :roll:
“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him” — 1 Corinthians 2:9
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

You're asking about one of the two things in reloading I like the least !

Case tumbling and case trimming !

I try to do both as little as possible !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

On another forum there is a lengthy thread about SS tumbling media. From what I've read, it works quite well (used in water w/soap in a rotary tumbler) and doesn't "wear out" like most media. Only drawback is cost; wire type reportedly $10.00 per lb., and $42.00 for a 2 lb. bag of "Jeweler's Mix" media. Google "Stainless Steel Tumbling Media" for a bunch of sites...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Howdy,

A feller at the club I belong to bought some and really likes it. My concern is he stated that sometimes the little pins get stuck in the case or primer pocket. Don't want a piece of stainless to get through the reloading process and be in there when the cartridge is fired :shock: . Another friend has started using one of those sonic cleaners with a home made solution. I am really impressed with how it cleans inside an out, inside of case, primer pockets and outside look unfired. Got me to thinkin a lot about one.

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Cimarron
Levergunner 2.0
Location: North of the Cimarron River in Indian Territory (Oklahoma)

Post by Cimarron »

Bronco wrote:Another friend has started using one of those sonic cleaners with a home made solution. I am really impressed with how it cleans inside an out, inside of case, primer pockets and outside look unfired. Got me to thinkin a lot about one.

John
I've been reading about the ultrasonic cleaners too and I'm thinking about getting one.
HOLY BLACK? YOU MUST MEAN PENNSYLVANIA ANTHRACITE!

"Get your guns boys! They are robbing the bank!" J.S.Allen, Sept. 7, 1876
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I have a very similar tumbler....and its no way near as good as my dillion
http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/conten ... se_Cleaner
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS