Saxon, TX Gunshow

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Saxon, TX Gunshow

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Anyone go to this show at crossroads oh 77 and 44. Is it a decent show? Am planning on being there Sunday. Sound like something to do. Am getting used to being on beach all day wanna try somthing different
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Saxon, TX Gunshow

Post by rimrock »

very similar name to the SAXET (Texas backwards because of some stupid local laws). SAXET is ok when it's in Austin, just not my cup of tea. AFT has in the past hassled some of the attendees by getting in their faces as they come to the door, so I've heard.

I don't care if a gun deal is too much by $50-$100 bucks as long as I feel good about the transaction. I'd buy from someone this site or marlinowners.com before I'd buy at SAXET. I haven't seen a fair price on stuff at SAXET, YMMV.

rimrock
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Saxon, TX Gunshow

Post by Charles »

Saxet puts on the local gunshows down my way and they are well run events. The are like all gun shows that contain good stuff and bad stuff. Some of the prices are inflated and others correct. Also like other gun shows, there are sellers who are honest and others who will lie through teeth trying to skin you.

Nobody should ever buy a gun at a gunshow unless he knows what is wants, knows to tell condition and a decent price. Quite often the ill-informed will get picked clean by the sharks. I have always considered that to be standard for any gunshow.

By your directions that sounds like the show near Robstown at the Nueces County coliseum. I attended it several times when I lived in Corpus and it is a good show and large for the area.