1886 'smiths

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

1886 'smiths

Post by El Mac »

Does anyone know of a quality 'smith that is willing to convert a Miroku 86 and/or 92 to a non-rebounding hammer set up? I have a Browning hammer that I'd like to use. Thankye...
gak
Senior Levergunner

Re: 1886 'smiths

Post by gak »

I imagine our very own Steve Young (Nate Kiowa Jones) - www.stevesgunz.com
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I don't know if Steve does those conversions, I know he can, but liability may preempt ability. Turnbull does.
Old Law Dawg
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Seems I recall NKJ posting pics of one he had done all the good stuff to and case colored the receiver. Was a beut! Has done great work for me.

M. M.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

If I remember Steve's post the work was north of 1K :o
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Replacing the rebounding hammer and lousy trigger, springs and sear with a Browning hammer and one piece trigger/sear is a piece of cake. I have done a couple of them, but had the tang welded and the barrel and upper marked correctly as the post 1900 1886s were by a member of this forum whose specialty is Colt and Winchester restoration. The needed parts can be ordered from Midwest Gun Works. All that you will need are a Browning 1886 hammer and trigger. There is a tutorial on the process on this site. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln