OT - There's a blizzard outside... PICS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

OT - There's a blizzard outside... PICS

Post by mod71alaska »

We're getting hammered by a winter Nor'easter today and tonight. We still have power, though, and a blazing fire in the fireplace. It's pretty cozy here, and still fun so far! :D

Our road is under there somewhere. We won't be plowed out until tomorrow.

OK...OK...yes, we still have some Christmas decorations up! :D :D :D
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - There's a blizzard outside... PICS

Post by kimwcook »

I would love to bet in that situation as long as I didn't have to go to work or had to be somewhere. Let'er rip. When I lived in North Dakota I didn't have that luxury as I had to work. That was an experience, one I'll never forget, but one I don't want to repeat either. :D
Old Law Dawg
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I start taking down the Christmas decorations tomorrow. Tonight is the last night for lights. We got a dusting out of each of these two storms and it is mostly gone now despite sub-freezing temperatures. Thanks for the photos though, reminds me of LAST winter. :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mod71,

Getting the same as you. The only difference is I have to drive 60 miles to work tonight. Oh stuff!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

It's a couple hours since I took those photos. The wind has picked up considerably and it's downright nasty outside going into tonight. Our windows are so snow packed we hardly can see through any of them. I'm very surprised we still have power. I don't think we'll make it through the night, though. I've been going out about every hour to stay ahead of some of the shoveling. The last time wasn't fun! I'm on my way outside now.

The good news is the fire in the fireplace is even bigger and we're toasty warm!
Last edited by mod71alaska on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

About 18" here in NH so far & a couple more on the way. Two hours with the snowblower & shovel this afternoon, another session later. Power is still on, so it could be much worse.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Love the corner fireplace. That is unique. I love the arch top insets and the outside corners in the masonry. Is that something you came up with?

Kevin
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Love the wrap-around porch...!

I'd be tempted to screen-in about 1/3 of it, and pretty much LIVE on it except in the winter, and when in my reloading-room... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Ain't it GREAT!!!! sure isn't boreing. Weve only got about 18" of drifted snow here today. got out the roof rake an pulled down what I could reach. more on the way. swiched the Harmon Stove over from wood to Coal as it's gonna get brisk tonight. :D .
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Hi Victor, I have the beer and the beef tips have been marinating all day. O.K. if I come over and sit by that fire? Your Buddy, 1886.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Glad you still have power Victor and that your are comfy and cosy. That's the same storm system that hit us Monday. We only got 6 inches of snow and 1/2 inch of ice down here, but the kids have been out of school all week, and tomorrow they have a three hour delay. Snow and ice finally started melting today. Stay warm brother! :D
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Beautiful pics Mod 71, I believe I'll just enjoy them from here. Sunny enough here to cut wood all day.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

I have the pleasure of being in Nashua NH this week for business, today was the best day going to the office, the roads were empty. Guess I did not see what all the fuss was about, maybe 18"+ inches of snow, but they even plow the roads around here! Back home they would not stay home for this. Heck, back home I would have been dodging the snowmobiles flying around...I have not seen one all day!
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Old Time Hunter, I hope you get the chance to meet some of the NH Levergunners while you're in Nashua. If you want to come up the coast of Maine, you're invited for a lobster dinner!

AJMD429...we like the porch, too. There's one in back that we live on all summer.

Mac in Mo...Thanks. I wish I could take credit for the fireplace, but it was here when we bought the house last summer.

The wind really is howling outside and the snow is drifting high and covering all my shoveling from today!!!
Last edited by mod71alaska on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

We got a couple of feet here in MA. I took one look at the car in snow up to the bumper and called my boss to let him know not to expect me.

Me and the wife spent about five hours removing snow.
Had to clear the driveway twice.
The rest of the day was spent goofing off and loading some .500 S&W.

I remember worse storms, but not many.

Jack
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Mod71,

Forgot to mention earlier that you have a beautiful home. Looks pretty with the snow. Probably because I don't have to shovel your yard!
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Mod71, really appreciate the offer and under normal situations I would definitely take you up on the proposal, but unfortunately I am up to my elbows in alligators getting all the capabilities, product offerings, and engineering expertise in one basket while fielding inquiries from the alternative power energy folks that have issues to solve so they can attempt to get 'bama money (actually yours) in the form of grants, for energy that will take a life time to show a return on investment. It has been 14 hour days, minimum this week. But, I will be back when the weather is more convenient!
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

I went to the range and liked to get sun burned today.80 degrees and calm,sorry!!!
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

m.wun wrote:I went to the range and liked to get sun burned today.80 degrees and calm,sorry!!!
Yes, but I can buy guns here without even waiting the time it takes to drink a cup of coffee, and can shoot lead out of them, too...at least when it's warm enough outside!!! 80 degrees sounds pretty nice...in the summer! :P :P :P
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

mod71alaska wrote:
m.wun wrote:I went to the range and liked to get sun burned today.80 degrees and calm,sorry!!!
Yes, but I can buy guns here without even waiting the time it takes to drink a cup of coffee, and can shoot lead out of them, too...at least when it's warm enough outside!!! 80 degrees sounds pretty nice...in the summer! :P :P :P

I can buy guns without waiting, have a permit,and it's 59 degrees and sunny. No snow in my state at all (Florida) so neener neener. :D :D :D

Cat
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

nice pics and love the house!
kinda miss the snow........not!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

Cool pics. I truely love a good snow storm. Living in Central Illinois we don't get snows like that but once or twice a year we'll get 6-10 inches with some wind. I don't understand folks. When we are calling for a few inches of snow people clean out the grocery stores thinking they'll be snowed in for a week rather than a few hours. Hang in there and keep the fire going.
jlchucker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jlchucker »

Nice design and brick work on that fireplace. Looks cozy. Like you, we got plenty of snow here. In fact, we've had some day, after day, after day this winter. Looks like we're scheduled for more on Sunday. Where's that global warming guy anyway? Counting his money, no doubt.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

The wife told me we had snow that lasted longer than noon after the day/nite it fell. Didn't bother me a bit... I was in Las Vegas baby!

Love to see pictures like that Victor... hate to be outdoors in 'em tho'!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!