OT - Philippines 2011 - Now with Pics !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Philippines 2011 - Now with Pics !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I'll be leaving Dullus (hopefully) January 15th on my way to Manila !

Gotta make a connection at JFK around lunchtime on the 15th . Then fly from JFK to Manila with a refuel stop in Tokyo !

Last year I flew Korea Air from Dullus direct to Seoul then on to Manila . I would rather take that route again but based on the current turmoil in North and South Korea I think I'm better with the flight I have provided the weather stays decent when I go thru JFK !

So as it stands I need to get all the hunting stuff put away the coming week and get packed the following week !

And if all goes well I should be back in Virginia February 4th !

I may even stop my self imposed non posting of pics and post a few during the trip :wink:
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Philippines 2011

Post by kimwcook »

Praying you have safe passage and Godspeed.
Old Law Dawg
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Travel safe!
NRA Life Member
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Travel Safe,...Post lots of pics like last time...!
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Have a safe and pleasant trip! I was there last July visiting my girlfriend. I really enjoyed it.....but I sure was glad to get home. :wink:

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

Pick me up a few of those envelopes.
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

deerwhacker444 wrote:Travel Safe,...Post lots of pics like last time...!

+1
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Bogie35 wrote: I really enjoyed it.....but I sure was glad to get home. :wink:

bogie
In 2009 I stayed for 2 months and after about 5 weeks I was starting to miss home !

Since then I've been going for right at 3 weeks .
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

I was out in the provinces. Northern Samar. Beautiful place with beautiful people, but shocking poverty. There weren't many comforts of home there. I will never forget the people. They reminded me of good ol' country folks. Poor but happy, and very humble and gracious hosts. Unforgettable. I'm planning to return, hopefully in 2012.

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Travel Safe and enjoy your time away.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Bogie35 wrote:I was out in the provinces. Northern Samar. Beautiful place with beautiful people, but shocking poverty. There weren't many comforts of home there. I will never forget the people. They reminded me of good ol' country folks. Poor but happy, and very humble and gracious hosts. Unforgettable. I'm planning to return, hopefully in 2012.

bogie
I fly into Manila and meet my GF/Fiancee and we then fly to Cagayan de Oro City on the island of Mindanao . There we stay in a rather nice hotel , what I would refer to as a 4 star filipino hotel . Her family lives in the subs of CDO so we go there almost every day as well !
She has a brother that lives in a smaller town called Gingoog and we go there some trips or they come to CDO to see me as well !
But as you say living conditions vary drastically . My "family" in CDO are what I would call middle middle class . They have nice homes etc but are not extravegant .
To be honest , when I'm there with all of them I feel as much at home as I do here in Virginia . However there are certain amenities in the USA that are not as easily found in PI !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Bogie35 , this will be my 4th trip in as many years !

The NUMBER ONE thing I've found about going there is if you're on the east coast . Do a trans arctic trip so you don't have to change planes in GD KALIFORNIA !

Without a doubt everytime I've flown thru LA or SF some BS has occurred !

In 2010 I flew Korea Air and went straight from Dullus to Seoul and then on to Manila . This trip I'll go Dullus (same airline) JFK , Tokyo and then Manila . Customs in Washington was a breeze and I am "assuming" the same in JFK when I return and since I have a 4 hour layover them checking closely isn't such a big deal .
Each time I've come back in country thru LAX or SF the customs guys have been the north end of a south bound donkey . And both times my layover was less then two hours with me needing to get boarding passes for my connecting flight to Dullus and BOTH times I MISSED the flight .

So from now on if I am able I will fly Korea or Delta or whatever flys me from the east coast straight to Seoul , Tokyo , Beijing or whatever as long as I stay off the GD left coast !!!!!!!!
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

I agree! My departure went straight from Atlanta to Tokyo. That was kinda brutal...just too long in the air. But my return flight had a layover in SF. What a joke of an airport! Everyone was extremely rude, yet shockingly incompetent. And as you say, with the security and customs, it was set-up so that you were almost guaranteed to miss your connection. By the grace of God, my flight was held up by maintenance, so I was able to board. I would much rather be stuck in Northern Samar with no comforts of home than spend one minute extra in the San Francisco airport!

Have a safe and wonderful trip!

bogie
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

I don't know about your experience, but for me the Tokyo airport was as smooth as butter! They were very efficient.....although nobody could speak English! hehehehe

bogie
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Bogie35 wrote:I don't know about your experience, but for me the Tokyo airport was as smooth as butter! They were very efficient.....although nobody could speak English! hehehehe

bogie
I probably will not even get off the plane as it's nothing more then refueling both ways !

Last year the Seoul airport was first rate !

I'm a little skeptical about JFK on the way over this time as the "extended weather forecast" is calling for a possible 6 inches of snow that day !
I would "assume" they'd be able to handle that and with me departing for Tokyo at approx 1 PM perhaps I can get the heck outta there before it all comes down !

But then again thats a weather forcast 2 weeks in advance !
Perhaps there will be NO percipitation that day !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

You might find Seattle a more pleasant experience. It's crowded, but we clearly have a better class of Liberals up there than in Kali....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

BlaineG wrote:You might find Seattle a more pleasant experience. It's crowded, but we clearly have a better class of Liberals up there than in Kali....
I try now to fly the same airline from the east coast to Manila now . So that can get me thru with trans arctic flights outta Dullus and (not my first choice) JFK .

I'd always change airlines going either way on the west coast , which meant I needed boarding passes etc .And that multiplied my time constraints .
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Travel safe!!! :D
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Travel safe and enjoy the warmer weather. :mrgreen:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
medicdave
Levergunner 1.0

Post by medicdave »

Enjoy the trip I've been moved over full time on olongapo for a few months. The people and weather are great once you get away from Manila.
edwardyoung
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edwardyoung »

Jeff Quinn wrote:Pick me up a few of those envelopes.

'Manila' envelopes. I got it.......finally. Lucky I still have my looks, at least :mrgreen:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Is gun ownership possible over there? Hunting? Carry rights? I think ExPats have to come back to the states every so often for awhile, right?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

BlaineG wrote:Is gun ownership possible over there? Hunting? Carry rights? I think ExPats have to come back to the states every so often for awhile, right?
My GF/Fiancee can own rifles , shotguns or handguns . She just needs a license for EACH one ! I however cannot .

I also cannot own real estate , if I wanted to purchase say a home , farm etc over there I would need to transfer the money to her bank account and have the transaction done in her name . I "think" I can own a car or truck , but am not toally sure .

As long as I don't stay in country more then 21 days I need no papers . In 2009 I stayed almost 2 months and had to go to the embassy here in DC and got a tourist visa for $30 that was good for 60 days . Again I "think" you can get a visa for longer but am not sure . But I don't think you can stay indefinately .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

As to the hunting there , in 2009 when I was there my fiancee's brother took me wild pigeon hunting . Although all I carried was my digi cam . They had brought an extra rifle for me to shoot but I declined . Anyway her brother used an old Remington 511 or 512 can't remmeber which and his buddy used a fairly new and expensive pellet rifle . They would wait in blinds for the birds to land in tree's close to the beach and then shoot .

Another american I met in Manila told me he hunted ducks quite often on one of the islands . Same as we do with shotguns and decoys . But I think pretty much the only thing they can legally hunt are variouse winged animals and possibly monkeys .

I do know for a fact that Sambar deer are protected . However I was given racks from two Philippine Sambar deer that were killed a year or two before I got there in 2009 . Both of these were killed when they fell in booby trapped pits that the people in the mountains of Mindanao had built . They dig holes maybe 6-9 feet deep , then put sharpened sticks in the ground at the bottom of the pits pointing upward and cover the pits with palm fronds and then put something on them to cause the deer to come to them and when they step over ....... well you understand .
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

6pt-sika wrote:As to the hunting there , in 2009 when I was there my fiancee's brother took me wild pigeon hunting . Although all I carried was my digi cam . They had brought an extra rifle for me to shoot but I declined . Anyway her brother used an old Remington 511 or 512 can't remmeber which and his buddy used a fairly new and expensive pellet rifle . They would wait in blinds for the birds to land in tree's close to the beach and then shoot .

Another american I met in Manila told me he hunted ducks quite often on one of the islands . Same as we do with shotguns and decoys . But I think pretty much the only thing they can legally hunt are variouse winged animals and possibly monkeys .

I do know for a fact that Sambar deer are protected . However I was given racks from two Philippine Sambar deer that were killed a year or two before I got there in 2009 . Both of these were killed when they fell in booby trapped pits that the people in the mountains of Mindanao had built . They dig holes maybe 6-9 feet deep , then put sharpened sticks in the ground at the bottom of the pits pointing upward and cover the pits with palm fronds and then put something on them to cause the deer to come to them and when they step over ....... well you understand .
Wow...those booby traps would make a "walk in the woods" pretty dangerous! :shock:
And, I don't think I could hunt monkeys.....they look too much like little people to me. :D

bogie
gunner69
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gunner69 »

When I was stationed at Clark AB, in Pampanga, I used to hunt snipe, woodcock, ducks, pigions, deer and wild boar. Also shot a wild carabao (water buf) on the Crow Valley bombing range. Thats the same range of mountains that has the volcano (Mt. Pinatoubo). It was dangerous hunting though, as we had to watch out for the New Peoples Army (NPA) while after the game. I had several snake encounters and learned to watch where to place my foot. I lived in the PI for 9 years and loved it. I left in 1982, but have never been back. My wife worked on base and we have been married 43 years now. Good Luck and enjoy yourself. Don't eat too much Lumpia (egg rolls), or have too many San Meguel (sp?) beer.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gunner69 wrote: Don't eat too much Lumpia (egg rolls), or have too many San Meguel (sp?) beer.

My fiancee makes excellent "Shanghai Lumpia" . I drank plenty San Miguel Lite in the previouse trips . San Miguel now sells a beer called "Cerveza Negra" thats really good , it kinda reminds me of the Mexican beer "Negra Modelo" .
gunner69
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gunner69 »

Does she make shoe pau (the little steamed rolls with meat inside)? That's another favorite of mine. Yeah, I drank the Negra in the 60's too it's a lot like German Bach. If you need any cheap but great dental work the Philippines is the best place to do it. Have a San Miguel for me...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gunner69 wrote:Does she make shoe pau (the little steamed rolls with meat inside)? That's another favorite of mine. Yeah, I drank the Negra in the 60's too it's a lot like German Bach. If you need any cheap but great dental work the Philippines is the best place to do it. Have a San Miguel for me...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don't know "shoe pau" . But we'll have a good sized meal the day we get to Cagayan de Oro at here parents home . Usually we go to the market and get 3-5 kilo's of Chop Chop Piggie (lechon in tagalog terms) . And they'll make a bunch of other stuff !

Tanduay the company that makes all the Rum over there makes a really good Gin as well ! A quality bottle of the Tanduay Gin is a few cents less then $5 american .
gunner69
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gunner69 »

darn, Tanduy used to be 58 cents a bottle...... either rum or gin. darn inflation is everywhere. Tell your wifes relatives to fix up some Aso Calderata for you. They will understand and it's a great national dish. My wife has a heart condition or we would return for a trip. You lucky.......
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gunner69 wrote:darn, Tanduy used to be 58 cents a bottle...... either rum or gin. ......
A half pint "regular" bottle of Tanduay Rum is about 50 cents now !

My first trip in 2008 I bought a 5 year old bottle of Tanduay which they called select and that was about $5 that was in a fifth size bottle !
In 2010 I bought a fifth of Tanduay Gin also what they called select and that was about $5 also !
moodyholler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by moodyholler »

Craig, the "LADIES" from work send thier best. They still want to have a party for you and GF. Stay safe!!, moodyholler
gunner69
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gunner69 »

That 58 cent bottle was a Quart at that. If I remember correctly the extra aged was about double that. Good rum and gin, but their whiskey sucked. San Magoo was about 20 cents a bottle. The best Magoo was from the Bulican plant, the Manila Magoo sucked at times. It's the water and a lot more for Manila....... :mrgreen:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gunner69 wrote:That 58 cent bottle was a Quart at that. If I remember correctly the extra aged was about double that. Good rum and gin, but their whiskey sucked. San Magoo was about 20 cents a bottle. The best Magoo was from the Bulican plant, the Manila Magoo sucked at times. It's the water and a lot more for Manila....... :mrgreen:
Lets see San Mig Lite in a resteraunt is about a buck a bottle . A Tanduay and coke in a resteraunt is about a buck 50 and a shot of Jack Black with a coke is about seven bucks in a resteraunt !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

moodyholler wrote:Craig, the "LADIES" from work send thier best. They still want to have a party for you and GF. Stay safe!!, moodyholler

Tell them thanks James and the best to all of you !
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

have a great trip.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

rjohns94 wrote:have a great trip.

Thank you sir !

But it has basically boiled down to the weather conditions at Dullus and JFK next saturday :wink:

With the extended weather forcasts it looks pretty good , but as we all know that can change quickly and drastically :o
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

Some Filipinos can get guns but it isn't easy or cheap. My brother-in-law who lives in our house and takes care of it while we are away was able to get a license but only because we paid for it and the gun and also because he was at the time an auxiliary member of the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation). Considering that half of Filipinos earn less than $1 a day (61cents/day is considered the poverty line there) the annual fee per gun of 5,000 pesos ($111.00) is prohibitive.

I will need to check on the polar route to see if it is faster/cheaper. My last trip I flew from Little Rock-Houston-San francisco-Seoul-to Manila-Bacalod. Beginning to end was 48 hours. Because of cervical arthritis I am unable to sleep on the plane and 48 hours without sleep did me in.

I am as much anti-California as anyone I know. Although I am a native born Californian I finally had to emigrate to the U.S. as Kalifornia had become intolerable. Nonetheless I never had problems with SFO. My problems are always in Manila. The local/regional airports are okay but I never get through Manila witout a hassle. Last trip I was stopped and searched four times while awaiting departure.

Foreigners can own property in the Philippines but with restrictions, one parcel and it must be a city residential lot. At least that was the law when I married my wife.

Filipinos are nice, pleasant people. Most are very easy to get along with especially out of the cities, out in the provinces. Despite that my relatives won't let me go anywhere without a couple of strong young male 'escorts'. The Philippines is a desparately poor country and poverty can drive people to do things they would not otherwise do.

I have never be able to adapt to Filipino cuisine. Of course there are a few items that are enjoyable but as I remind my wife no matter where one travels in the world there will be certain ethnic restaurants and they will be frequented by locals and tourists alike. Filipino is not one of them. Filipinos are the second largest immigrant group in the US. Ever notice how many Chinese, Mexican, Italian, etc. restaurants there are and how few Filipino ones. Notice how Filipino restaurants are primarily frequented by Filipinos? There is a reason.
gunner69
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gunner69 »

Ever considered going directly into the old Clark Air Base? They now have direct connections and you miss the hassle of Manila.

My mother and father visited the Philippines when my wife and I were married. She had an uncle, a Lt. Col. in the Presidential Guard Unit, who handled the customs............ they were met at the plane and didn't have customs. Simple as that.

My parents really enjoyed themselfs and we took them all over the islands. They stayed for a month visit.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

gunner69 wrote:Ever considered going directly into the old Clark Air Base? They now have direct connections and you miss the hassle of Manila.
My Fiancee would have a heart attack if I flew into Clark being as it's so close to Angelas City and the uhhh GoGo Bars . Also do they have direct flights from there to Cagayan de Oro City ?

I've toyed with the idea of flying into Cebu City and then on to CDO . But have yet to try it !

I think I can get a flight from Bangkok direct to Cebu City . But most likely the easiest way for me to get to Bangkok is thru Seoul first and that will just add a couple extra connections !

Without a doubt the best deal I've run across so far has been Dullus to Seoul , Seoul to Manila and then Manila to CDO !

Korea Air from Dullus to Mainla is very pleasent and painless . Also the airport in Seoul is about THE NICEST airport I've ever set foot in ! And just about anything that stays in the air and lands easily will work from Manila to CDO as that flights only 75 minutes !
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

BAGTIC wrote:Some Filipinos can get guns but it isn't easy or cheap. My brother-in-law who lives in our house and takes care of it while we are away was able to get a license but only because we paid for it and the gun and also because he was at the time an auxiliary member of the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation). Considering that half of Filipinos earn less than $1 a day (61cents/day is considered the poverty line there) the annual fee per gun of 5,000 pesos ($111.00) is prohibitive.

I will need to check on the polar route to see if it is faster/cheaper. My last trip I flew from Little Rock-Houston-San francisco-Seoul-to Manila-Bacalod. Beginning to end was 48 hours. Because of cervical arthritis I am unable to sleep on the plane and 48 hours without sleep did me in.

I am as much anti-California as anyone I know. Although I am a native born Californian I finally had to emigrate to the U.S. as Kalifornia had become intolerable. Nonetheless I never had problems with SFO. My problems are always in Manila. The local/regional airports are okay but I never get through Manila witout a hassle. Last trip I was stopped and searched four times while awaiting departure.

Foreigners can own property in the Philippines but with restrictions, one parcel and it must be a city residential lot. At least that was the law when I married my wife.

Filipinos are nice, pleasant people. Most are very easy to get along with especially out of the cities, out in the provinces. Despite that my relatives won't let me go anywhere without a couple of strong young male 'escorts'. The Philippines is a desparately poor country and poverty can drive people to do things they would not otherwise do.

I have never be able to adapt to Filipino cuisine. Of course there are a few items that are enjoyable but as I remind my wife no matter where one travels in the world there will be certain ethnic restaurants and they will be frequented by locals and tourists alike. Filipino is not one of them. Filipinos are the second largest immigrant group in the US. Ever notice how many Chinese, Mexican, Italian, etc. restaurants there are and how few Filipino ones. Notice how Filipino restaurants are primarily frequented by Filipinos? There is a reason.

I took my fiancee's brother a Simmon Pro Hunter 4-12 the first time I went . About a $149 scope here at the time retail . It was also manufactured in the Philippines . He told me if he had to pay for it he would never be able to own it !

I looked in the little gun shops in the malls in CDO and a Ruger 10-22 stainless target was selling for about 4 times what we would sell it for here after you figured the exchange rate !

I dunno if trans arctic is any quicker , but I usually go the cheapest route that keeps me out of Kalifornia now . I actually like flying PAL but they don't have flights from the east coast and usually the plane change in CA is wat screws me up on the way over and the customs guys on the way back .

As to problems in Ninoy Acquino (so far) I've not had any . However (knock on wood) that could change come next weekend ! The first two trips I flew in on PAL and stayed in their terminals . Last trip I flew in Naiia and had no problems there or the PAL terminal . This time I'll come in Naiia and go to the Cebu Pacific terminal so we shall see !

I have found one thing that tends to speed up the process most anywhere in PI ! That being 1000 peso bills :wink:
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

BAGTIC wrote:.....I have never be able to adapt to Filipino cuisine.....
+1

I am one of those people who never met a food I didn't like.....until I went to the Phils. All the meat had an almost "septic" accent. The best I can describe it is that it tasted the way saltwater marsh mud smells. And it wasn't just at my hosts home, it was in every restaurant in Manila as well.....even the "American" Wendy's fast-food joint. So...I guess my beloved Filipinos like that flavor. :?

Bogie
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Bogie35 wrote:
BAGTIC wrote:.....I have never be able to adapt to Filipino cuisine.....
+1

I am one of those people who never met a food I didn't like.....until I went to the Phils. All the meat had an almost "septic" accent. The best I can describe it is that it tasted the way saltwater marsh mud smells. And it wasn't just at my hosts home, it was in every restaurant in Manila as well.....even the "American" Wendy's fast-food joint. So...I guess my beloved Filipinos like that flavor. :?

Bogie

I've not noticed that .

I actually like the lechon be it pork or chicken . There's a chain there called "Max's" . And their big thing is fried chicken . And to be honest "to me" their chicken tastes the way people in the south made it when I was a kid back in the 60's !
When I'm their now I go to Max's for the chicken ATLEAST once a week !
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

my one and only trip to the PI was in '61 to train for 'Nam...
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

donw wrote:my one and only trip to the PI was in '61 to train for 'Nam...
My paternal uncle was stationed at Clark during the "Korean Conflict" , he was in the Air Force at the time and a tailgunner on one of the planes .

Anyway he flew out of Clark on a propaganda drop flight and went to Tokyo to refuel . After that they flew over North Korea and never made it back to friendly territory for 3 YEARS ! Although he has never said alot about the three years I'm about 99.9% sure the North Koreans were not the best of hosts !
The first year my grandmother and grandfather didn't even know if he was alive !

Now everytime I get ready to go to the Philippines he shakes his head and gives me funny looks !
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

I hope to get another chance to try the food in 2012. Maybe there was just something wrong with my taster. :)

Bogie
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I got to Dullus about 4:30 AM this morning and got my boarding pass for the flight to JFK and got the boarding pass's for my flight from JFK to Narita as well as the one from Narita to Manila !

The flight from Dullus to JFK was in a jet not much larger then a crop duster ! Not my most pleasent flight ever !

Then I walked a good ways in JFK to get from the "crop duster" terminal to normal sized planes terminal . Waited 3 hours to board the 747 and figured all was well !

Got on the plane and went straight to sleep !

I got awakened 4 hours later and come to find out the Delta thing we were flying in had hydraulic problems , so they were heading back from somewhere in WAY NORTH CANADA to the arm pit of the world DETROIT .

So here I sit in a Best Western in Detroit waiting to catch a flight tommorrow to Narita and then on (hopefully) to Manila !

I suppose I should be glad I'm alive , clean and not hungry . But that type of attitude is just NO FUN :lol:
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Eewww Detroit. :x

I hope you get on your way soon. Have a great trip!! Please update us periodically if possible. I'm sooooo jealous! :mrgreen:

Bogie
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I'n in Narita Japan now for an overnight stay !

Always wanted to go to Japan , but not when it's the airlines fault that I'm sitting here waiting !

Supposed to leave Narita on the 18th at 18:00 FINALLY for Manila !

30 hour trip has turned it a 72+ hour DISASTER !
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Hang in there. It'll be extra-special when you finally arrive. Who knows...this may end up being your best trip yet!

Bogie