Marlin left handed cross bolt safety- interested?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
quietman
Levergunner 2.0

Marlin left handed cross bolt safety- interested?

Post by quietman »

Ok, this is going out to the lefties who use the cross bolt safety. If you don't like the CBS period, I'm asking to leave those comments somewhere else please as I'm looking for some feedback.

My brother is a CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing) wiz and is coming out for a visit. I'm going to talk to him about designing and making a CBS for lefties.

I already checked with the former Marlin service manager and he said there's no reason he can think of that one couldn't be made.

So, if you shoot left handed and had the option of getting a CBS to replace the original, would you be interested?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Marlin left handed cross bolt safety- interested?

Post by AJMD429 »

Not interested personally, but that sounds like a cool project; lots of other things like that he could do in the firearms/scope mount area if nobody wants this one...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I removed mine because it isn't really needed, and not southpaw friendly at all. Still, I think it would be an interesting change. Might still disable it with the o-ring trick, but I'd put one on my GS. Imagine the looks from folks trying to figure out what's different. Happens all the time with my leftie 1911. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Mine must be the ambidextrous version. I can make it work with either hand.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I might be interested depending on the price. I have several marlins some with safeties and some with out. The older I get though the more I am liking the ability to un;load the rifle using the crossbolt but by the same token I have also missed a shot at a nice bear because of the dad blammed thing going on when it shouldn't too. PM me with you ideas and thoughts Please. Thanks Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
quietman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by quietman »

El Chivo wrote:Mine must be the ambidextrous version. I can make it work with either hand.
Sure,

And shooting leftie you do that how without having to shift the grip on either hand and not bobble or interfere with your sight picture???