Could Not Get Further OT - Travel Advise

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pop Watts
Levergunner 2.0

Could Not Get Further OT - Travel Advise

Post by Pop Watts »

Hello all,

My wife and I are considering heading over to the US for about 3 weeks next April / May.
The plan is to be around Washington / Oregon / Montana / Wyoming area while we are there.
My wife just wants to see lots of stuff, but my wishes are a little more complicated.
I would like to see - A Cowboy action event / Some Top Fuel Drag Racing and a NASCAR race.
Do any of you guys know of any of these events happening in this area at that time?
From what I can see the car racing boys all seem to live in the South West of the US.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pop.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Could Not Get Further OT - Travel Advise

Post by vancelw »

Pop Watts wrote:Hello all,

My wife and I are considering heading over to the US for about 3 weeks next April / May.
The plan is to be around Washington / Oregon / Montana / Wyoming area while we are there.
My wife just wants to see lots of stuff, but my wishes are a little more complicated.
I would like to see - A Cowboy action event / Some Top Fuel Drag Racing and a NASCAR race.
Do any of you guys know of any of these events happening in this area at that time?
From what I can see the car racing boys all seem to live in the South West of the US.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pop.
You're probably out of luck on NASCAR. The Fontana,California race in March 27. The April races are south and east. Be hard to find a race of any kind scheduled that far north that time of year-too much possibility of weather ruining their very expensive plans. Las Vegas and Phoenix have races at the end of February/ beginning of March.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Pop, that's a bit early in the year for most of the stuff you're looking for in the northwest. The CAS could be a deal, top fuel and NASCAR I don't think so. I, as well as Griff and many others here, belong to SASS and I can look through the Cowboy Chronicle and find some CAS shoots in Washington, but I need to know where you'll be so I can find something close. Just let us know. Oh, why the northwest? Family?
Old Law Dawg
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Pop, are ya wantin' to compete? Or just watch. You can find scheduled events in that part of the country just about any weekend... SASS Affiliated Clubs, from that link you can get to their websites and see any particulars, you might need.

In addition, there's a link to club monthly schedules. It appears to be down at the present time, but who knows, you got plenty of time, it'll probably be back up after the holiday. Annual matches are also linked on SASS home page in the left hand column, but that's still kinda early for that part of the country on BIG matches, as many of them close down for the winter months... and everyone likes to get a little practiced up for big match, so theirs are August or September. There will be additions and changes to that list, so don't forget to look before you leave.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!