OT: Which Scope Rings

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
10gaOkie
Levergunner

OT: Which Scope Rings

Post by 10gaOkie »

I recently ordered a 6.5" Taurus Raging Bull .45 Colt from Zanders after reserving one over the phone. Making a long story short, I had to settle for the same gun in .454 Casull as they were confused about their remaining stock of .45's apparently. My plans are for a steady diet of reloads under 45K CUP, which is a .45LC +P equivilent.
I am mounting a 2X Leupold scope using a Taurus mount which accepts Weaver type ring mounts. I plan to use one ring on the back and two on the front of the scope barrel. I would prefer the rings to have the square inserts to fit the square grooves in the mount, between the clamps. I would also prefer aluminum to keep weight down. The only rings I have seen that meet these specs is the Warne but they are steel. Also, should I go with LOW rings? What do you suggest?
Thanks,
Chris
WHELENATOR
Levergunner

Rings

Post by WHELENATOR »

10 Ga, I use Warne rings just about exclusively, and they are tough, but heavy. If you plan on leaving the scope on there, you could use the more permanent type rings. I forget the designation right now, but those are nice. I would use whatever height that keeps the scope low to the bore, just not touching. you might have to take some measurements, or even take your pistol in somewhere that has the rings to do some fitting.

There are surely other rings that might also work for this setup. B-Square?? Weaver? Leupold PRW? Millett?
lever actions are the original assault rifle!
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

I have had good luck with the Weaver rings that have 2 bands on each ring.
Grace and Peace,
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)