OT: About last Sunday

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

OT: About last Sunday

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Was physically exhausted, didnt realize how goofy some of my responses were till wedsnay morn. If i offended anyone my apologies. :oops: Dont know how people work 70 hours a week constantly. I only did it from May till December. Also got the FLU for first time in 6+ years. Was not a fun last 1 1/2 nights Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: OT: About last Sunday

Post by Sixgun »

Relax. You wanna see "goofy"???? Just read some of the trash I write.

70 hours? You crazy? Do you realize how much extra the Feds take and then give it to the parasites of society? Once again, relax. Driving down here to the gunshop (I'm currently at Targetmaster) I saw a new Chevy Suburban with about 63 mexicans inside. ----------No smiley picture------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

3leggedturtle,

I once watched my mom, who was working for a big name grocery store in Phoenix, do a slow burn and refuse to work too many OT hours. The more hours she worked the more taxes they took from her check and the less take home pay she got.

48 was my max when I was working full time. Any more than that and I lost pay. That and the physical exhaustion just isn't worth it.

You didn't say anything that I noticed so don't worry about it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

in CA at least the legal limit is six days a week, and I assume 48 hours per week. By that I mean they can't MAKE you work it. You can refuse.

But that's for hourly workers, if you are salaried there's no limit.

I rememeber a few times working 100 hours. Easy to calculate your paycheck. Those I rememeber as the bad old days. I had a freelance gig with a high hourly rate and the idea was to bill all you could, forget about having a life. But, after a few months, I needed to quit. I remember I didn't want to go to lunch because the time off for lunch cost me more than the lunch. Eventually though I took 3 hours off one afternoon and just walked around Marshall Field's without buying anything. I remember getting mad that it cost me $45 just to take off.

Buy yourself something nice.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Salaried and extorted overtime is where they get you. My wife is a school teacher and they just keep piling it on for the same ridiculous pay check (in Arizona at least). She's putting in 50 hours a week (middle school science teacher) yet still has grading to do on the week end and it SUCKS - she's beat and we can't plan anything when school is in session. Of course that's because she's a dang good teacher...if she didn't give a hoot it'd be different and the pay check would still be the same. They're burning her out and she's going to quit because of it. Stupid system!!

Sorry for the rant but it's a sore spot we're living right now. Hope you're feeling better this week!!

Best,
Oly

P.S. And yes, I know that we're blessed to have jobs. Just agreeing that anything over about 45 hours a week gets insane for most folks.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

My wife has been over at her school for the past 3 hours getting ready for the coming week. She woke up a couple days ago and she'd dreamt all night about her noisy, talkative, misbehaving second graders.