Can't find .375" Hornady 220gr bullets...need help!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Goat
Levergunner 2.0

Can't find .375" Hornady 220gr bullets...need help!

Post by Goat »

I have looked and looked on the internet at every reloading supply place I can think of (and some I didn't know of) and can't find either the .375" 220gr flatpoint bullets for my Marlin 375 or the 225gr spirepoint for a friend's 38/55 High Wall. Does anyone know where these may be found or have any of the 220gr flat points they would be willing to sell? I have checked all the usual supply houses I normally hear mentioned here to no avail. Thanks.
Goat
"To know HIM and make HIM known"
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

Last edited by John in MS on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Re: Can't find .375" Hornady 220gr bullets...need help!

Post by new pig hunter »

Goat,

The "standard" drill is to put yourself on the "e-mail wish list" at every reloader's website. Then, when the reloader gets some stock, you'll get their e-mail, then you rush right over to the website and order whatever you can afford at the time.
I've been doing this for several years with the .375 bullets. It's much easier to afford long-term stockpiling than one massive buy, and you'll always have bullets on-hand when it's time to load up a few.

Cheers,

Carl
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

goat PM me and I will send you some of my cast bullets.

DAV life member.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I was in the same position about a month ago.
I searched for a couple weeks for the Hornady 220s.

Got a NOS set of RCBS dies for $20.
Found a box of 220's on Gunbroker and another box @www.Gamaliel.com (reloading components).
Also bagged a mold like TXpete's on Auctionarms.com for $30.00 and a sizer die for $10..
All I need now is a top punch and gas checks.

The stuff is out there, just have to scrounge.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"