On T-- Got another 92

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

On T-- Got another 92

Post by pwl44m »

Couldn't resist, picked it up yesterday after My cooling off period. It doesn't look as bad as My other one which wasn't bad just had no blue. This one is blue and brown patina. I took some before pics. I picked up some Old West Snake oil this weekend at the Gun Show. Going to try that and see what We get. The Wood is pretty nice , doesn't look like it has been sanded as it fits the metal pretty good.
Any way pics speak lowder than words. Here r a few before the Snake oil. dont know when I will get around to that or a range report for that matter. I am in the process of buying another Place and if that happens ( or when that happens ) I wont have much time for playing . I am going to miss My mountains and being able to step outside and shoot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Re: On T-- Got another 92

Post by Marvin S »

What caliber is it?
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I thought I posted a pic of the Caliber, guess not. 25-20 , that makes 2- 3 counting the mod 53
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Pretty nice rifle. Did you find it locally or buy it online?
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Perry, you ought to see about obtaining a C&R FFL. It's pretty painless and saves a bunch of time and aggravation. You can purchase any lever made prior to 1964, and many other rifles and shotguns.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

Mike D. wrote:Perry, you ought to see about obtaining a C&R FFL. It's pretty painless and saves a bunch of time and aggravation. You can purchase any lever made prior to 1964, and many other rifles and shotguns.
Plus a lot of suppliers will give you a dealer's discount - Brownells, Grafs, Midway(+/-)
Mark :idea:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Mike D. wrote:Perry, you ought to see about obtaining a C&R FFL. It's pretty painless and saves a bunch of time and aggravation. You can purchase any lever made prior to 1964, and many other rifles and shotguns.
Mike , is it as much hassle as getting an FFL ? How about handguns , does it work for that ?
Rube, I bought it at a Pawn Shop locally. The same store has the Mod 73 that I posted about, really nasty looking Gun. He said He was going to ask $1200 for it, after seeing the prices on 73s at this weekends Gunshow I am going to pass on it unless He cuts the price in half. Another Show in January in Colusa, we'll see what that brings.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats!

Still can't believe some of you folks have to deal with a waiting period! :evil:
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Congrats!

Still can't believe some of you folks have to deal with a waiting period! :evil:
I have a Friend that lives in Morganton North Carolina that keeps telling Me " Bud U need to sell out and move back here" I think NOT
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Obtaining a C&R is easy. Download the form, fill it out, give a copy to local Sheriff or COP, mail it along with your check and you're done.

ATF F 5310.16
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW, ANY curio & relic (C&R) is available to someone with a C&R license - even handguns, so long as they qualify. (There's a listing, IIRC)

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Nice rig, and a nice caliber too. I remember a time when you almost had to give away a 25-20 or a 32-20. I never thought that way as I think the 32-20 (25-20 close second) is the most versatile out of all of 'em.

The small calibers do demand nice bore condition to shoot well. If it don't shoot well with a plain base, a gas checked design should square that away.

I am not in agreement with a C&R license. It sends flags up. I know of 2 incidents from good friends of mine that will back up that statement.

It pays to be a peon.----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Pete44ru wrote:FWIW, ANY curio & relic (C&R) is available to someone with a C&R license - even handguns, so long as they qualify. (There's a listing, IIRC)

I forgot to add that a C&R is no good for handguns in CA. Sorry, but a trip to NV works fine. :|
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

Sixgun wrote:...
I am not in agreement with a C&R license. It sends flags up. I know of 2 incidents from good friends of mine that will back up that statement.

It pays to be a peon.----------Sixgun
So does belonging to subversive groups such as the NRA, having an Honorable Discharge, probably having been a Boy Scout to this Administration.
Mark :x
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Very nice!
NRA Life Member
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

I think there is yet another hoop you may have go through in California.Along with the C&R don't you need a Certificate of Eligibility?I think this is from the Calif DOJ.
Buster95
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Buster95 »

Great piece congrats :wink:
twobit
Levergunner 2.0

Post by twobit »

Perry,

I found thid post regarding the recent addition but I will need a full serial number and photos of the barrel address and the caliber stamp please.
I hope I can add it to the survey. Right now there just isn't enough info. The fact that there is not a period after 1884 on the uppertang puts
it roughly in the SN 130,000 to 235,000 range. Barrel address and caliber stamp shold be on the top flat of the barrel.
Thanks
Michael
Michael Puzio
Winchester Model 1892 Collector, Research & Valuations