True Grit - Coming

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rogmatt
Levergunner 1.0

True Grit - Coming

Post by Rogmatt »

Keep The Faith
Rogmatt
Levergunner 1.0

Re: True Grit - Coming

Post by Rogmatt »

Keep The Faith
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Im really looking forward to it. I have been following the making of this movie for a long time. I really think it will be well made and plain good.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas :D
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I'm excited to see it too. My wife is on board as well, which is also exciting(nice move for them to cast Matt Damon to bring in the women! :roll: )
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The more I watch the trailers, the more I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Gary7
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Gary7 »

I'm looking forward to it, too. And I'm glad that it's based on the book and is not a remake of the John Wayne movie.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Gary7 wrote:I'm looking forward to it, too. And I'm glad that it's based on the book and is not a remake of the John Wayne movie.
Ditto.

I'm sure it will be very familiar to those of us who saw the Wayne version and read the book. But I'm hoping it's more to the book than not.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Looks like they've done a good job suppling period correct weapons. Thank goodness for the replica market. Now lets hope more film makers will use correct time period weapons like they seem to be using in costuming.
Can't wait for the film.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Gun Smith wrote:Looks like they've done a good job suppling period correct weapons. Thank goodness for the replica market. Now lets hope more film makers will use correct time period weapons like they seem to be using in costuming.
Can't wait for the film.

Yeah.....I love authenticity. That is why I dont mind a good remake. You get to see that same western you love but with authentic guns and clothing instead of every gun being a 1892 Winchester and a 1873 Colt .....even if the film is supposed to take place in 1863.

But.......the original True Grit, did have a lot of period guns in it. The Walker, 66 Winchester, Sharps and some of the others.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hope it does well and they start making more westerns - more quality westerns! :D
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

". . . more quality westerns! "

I enjoyed some of those spaghetti westerns.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

2571 wrote:". . . more quality westerns! "
Those WERE 'quality' westerns, in my opinion... :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

AJMD429 wrote:
2571 wrote:". . . more quality westerns! "
Those WERE 'quality' westerns, in my opinion... :wink:
++1 I sensed a bit of sarchasm there :-) but the Eastwoods were at least...surely a full cut above the rest, including the Sabatas (with their goofy Count, pompous banker and blue-eyed, long haired banjo player!...it was like they had to play exaggerated wink-wink with with all of the lesser Spaghettis; really diminished them) Always liked Van Cleef though, but again especially in the Eastwoods. Yul Brynner was a disappointing substitute in one of these.

The way the Eastwoods were shot (and scored) had a sense of "big picture" about them, including the film "grain," vast bleak landscapes appropriately brutal to the film--no "white hats" (though ironically Eastwood stated out with one in TGTBATU), and no pretty vistas here! They were gritty, including sweaty up-close "dialogue" with some pretty unsavory characters. Good stuff!

I recently saw "Southwest Passage" (not a Spaghetti) - a first for me and not a badly-done yarn. Though (I'm sure) not period correct, like most of them, lots of '92 action (including some just tossed on the ground, "drop 'em" (yikes), and I think I saw a '94 or two-ha.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

I'm a huge fan of Coen bros. films so I might deal with the expense and irritation of the movie theater for this one.

It will be nothing like the 60's version, though. I'm guessing a lot darker and with more realistic, bloody violence. These are the same guys who did "No country for Old Men", "Fargo", and "Blood Simple" after all.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com