Winchester 94 Commemorative Medallion

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester 94 Commemorative Medallion

Post by SJPrice »

I received a new stock for my Legendary Lawman Trapper but now I need to swap the medallion from the old broken stock to the new one. Any suggestions on how to get the medallion out of the old stock without scratching or marking it?
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
Newtmaker
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Winchester 94 Commemorative Medallion

Post by Newtmaker »

If the old stock is unusable and has no further value or use, cut it out with a saber saw/band saw. Then a knife and or chisel will finish wood removal down to the medallion without damaging, but be careful.

Walt
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

I would rather not destroy the old stock as the break is clean and I may try to repair it in the future, but I may have to to save the medallion.
TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX50Cal »

MA1 USN (Retired)
Freedom is never really free, payments come due in every generation.
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

Thanks Dave.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Not sure what kind of adhesive they used to fix those medallions, but you might try blasting it with a heat gun or hair dryer - a lot of adhesives will give way with some heat. Use some thick white paper to cover and protect the stock from the heat (poster board).
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

An old silver dollar fits most of the medallion cuts in the Winchester commemorative stocks. Some guys were setting a silver dollar of the year of the gun model or year of their birth in the stock.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?