Colt S A

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Colt S A

Post by pwl44m »

Well I don't know about Jason but U talked Me into a Colt S.A. Back in the 80s I wanted one really bad but They were just too high ( $600 ) and up. So I'm in the Old West gun shop in Redding and they have this Dakota SA in 30 M1 for a price that I could afford. I think I payed about $150 for It. Anyhow I always refered to It as My poor Mans Colt. It is a good shooter ( but boy is is Loud ). So with all the talk about Colts , Rugers , Harleys and Rolex I am now on a Quest for a Colt SA. Doesn't have to be anything fancy but not wore out. I know there r some Scheisters out there so buyer beware.

Wish Me Luck,I am a patient man when it comes to wants. Like somebody said "the right place at the right time"
I am including a couple pics of My Poor mans Colt.
Perry in Bangor----+++=== Calif.
Dakota 30 M1 005.JPG[attachment=0]Dakota 30 M1 012.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Colt S A

Post by J Miller »

Perry,

I just learned something. Other than Ruger, I never knew anyone made a revolver in 30 M1. Do you know who actually made it? Looks just like the typical Uberti, but all the Italian copies are pretty close.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

It is made by Jaeger- imported by E.M.F. Ca.
I have a 30 M1 carbine that was customized back in th 60s. I will have to get them together for a photo shoot. They r dedicated to My twin Grandsons on My departure. couldn't think of more fitting guns to give Them.
Last edited by pwl44m on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

pwl44m wrote:It is made by Jaeger- imported by E.M.F. Ca.
Looks good, I'll bet it puts out a huge ball of flame at night :shock: .

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Paco writes about his 30 M1, single action in his book. Yeah, he says it is loud.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Perry,
You bet those 30 carbines are loud! In an OM Ruger I have in that caliber , I just shoot the 115 grain Lyman gas check bullet designed for the 32-20 with a mild dose of Unique for about a 1000 fps.

BTW, I really like that single action on your computer screen. :D :D -------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

@ sixgun - wanna buy it ? lol Thought U might recognize it. on 2nd thought !! it aint for sale. actually it was a pretty good compare: NO
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, I'd have said Jager. They have a distinctive look about them.

Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!