OT: Winchester .45-70

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

OT: Winchester .45-70

Post by lthardman »

:?: :evil: Not what you were expecting? Well, there is truth in advertising. The knife shown is a knife made in 1994 by Blue Grass Cutlery who held the Winchester Knives license. And, if you look closely at the picture that follows, you will see W.R.A. Co and .45-70 on the shield. This was part of the Winchester Knives Cartridge Series.

I am personally not a fan of that glitter stripe handle material, but the knife was part of a bigger negotiation. :)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled LEVERguns posts.
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
Hobie

Re: OT: Winchester .45-70

Post by Hobie »

Interesting, I had never seen one of those.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Nope, not expected at all! I should have though, knowing your perchant for knives!!! I agree - the handle is a bit too "spectacular" for my tastes, but it is a neat addition to the collection. What else did you pick up? :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I don't suppose they were giving away an 1886 with every knife purchase??
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

The Candy Stripe celluloid scales are classic - I like them.

lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lthardman »

BlainG: Nope, unfortunately 1886's were priced extra. :( In fact, I have to say that most of the guns at the show were a bit pricey. I saw an interesting pre-64 for a decent price, but in a caliber (.32 Winchester Special) that I already have.

YK: Knives were the hot ticket at the show. I will send some pics. Got some nice older Case Knives, including a really fine stag Trapper.

Pete44ru: The 82 year old dealer who had this Winchester Cartridge Series knife has had it in his display cases for at least ten years that I know of. I have purchased a lot of knives from him over the years. Always good value, deals that were good for both buyer and seller. He told me this was going to be his last show, and encouraged me to look close and talk to him about a combo price. I picked out a couple nice knives that filled a couple holes in my collection, and then we entered into one last negotiation. We have both enjoyed 'the dance' over the years. Finally, the Glitter Stripe Celluloid Winchester Cartridge Series made up the difference between our two positions. Now, I am glad I have it but for kind of a funny reason. I have always enjoyed doing business with him, and I won't be able to look at it in the future without thinking about him. I'll miss him at the shows, because he always had REAL collectible knives, not something that was purchased on late night TV.
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams