OT: "Lion Man"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

OT: "Lion Man"

Post by getitdone1 »

Wow! I just finished watching videos where Kevin Richardson ("Lion Man") plays with lions. I believe he said his relationship is made possible by starting with them at their birth. Think he lives in South Africa. Perhaps 86er has heard of him.

Kevin mentions that he knows many people think it's just a matter of time before he's killed by his lion pets. He says if it happens it's O.K. and if he could come back from death he'd do it all over again.

His interaction with these animals is really worth seeing. Best up-close videos of lions I've ever seen.

Of course, where else but on YouTube. Love YouTube!

Don McCullough
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: "Lion Man"

Post by FWiedner »

Ya know...

It's kinda like going to one o' them bayou extravaganzas where the fella with green and brown teeth sticks his head in the 'gators mouth.

My only real interest in seeing his display of "courage" lies in the off chance that things might go horribly wrong.

Other than that... "Whatever".

Takes all kinds to make a world.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Taking a chance with a 'relationship' with a powerful and wild animal (or domestic one, for that matter), is alot like taking a chance with a human relationship - they may come back to bite you (more literally and forcefully in the case of lions, no doubt).

I figure it's up to the person if they want to chance it.

I don't like sleeping under the same roof as anyone I wouldn't trust with my life, or am not able to 'deal with' in case they decide to be an adversary. Nor do I like being around an animal powerful enough to kill me, unless I have a trump card of some sort handy (typically beginning with the digit "4").

I've known people with pet lions and bears and such, and they are taking about the same statistical odds of chance that someone does who has a 'relationship' with a motorcycle, or other 'dangerous' hobby.

Go for the gusto - write a book for me to read, or make me a movie to watch, even...! Just don't ask me to share your insurance risk pool, or to be 'sad' if something goes wrong - you had your life adventure, and are lucky to have had the passion, even if I didn't share it.

I'll stick with dogs, goats, chickens, an occasional pet snake (mostly to educate visitors as to what copperheads vs milk snakes look like, so they don't just kill every snake they see because they 'thought is might be poisonous') and the occasional 'canine' type feline.

I am glad that there are those who dare to live on the edge, whether with lions, or whatever.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Oh well, maybe there is a special place of folks like Kevin and Timmy. I'm sure they will get together sooner rather than later. The press glorifying these idiots just encourages others to be a stupid. I think ole Sigfried and Roy could school this fellow. These animals are predators, and sooner or later, if you are smaller and weaker, you will be prey.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

i read somewhere that lions maul more people yearly than all the other big cats (in Africa) combined and that almost every PH in Africa eventually is mauled by a lion. :roll: :?: :?
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

well this was my favorite Ytube today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-vpmW1 ... re=related
how do you say "oh, pelosi" in Ibibio ?

p.s. I really like your beta-translator... :mrgreen:
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

It sounds like timmy treadwell, aka "grizzly man" has a first cousin.