Attention NRA Voting Members

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Attention NRA Voting Members

Post by Doc Hudson »

This message is directed to the Voting members of the NRA. If you are not an NRA member, or if you are not a voting member or if you simply want to complain about the NRA, please be so kind as to start your own thread and stay out of this one.

In July’s issue of American Rifleman and American hunter, Voting Members were invited to make nominations for consideration for next year’s Board of Directors election.

Some of you will remember that our own Ysabel Kid, James Winters, and Hobbies, Barent Parslow, tossed their hats into the ring for a write-in campaign.

I don’t know how many votes they actually got, but it was not enough. I seriously doubt that any write-in candidates will ever get elected to the Board of Directors.

I approached both Hobie and Ysabel Kid about starting a campaign to get them officially nominated. Hobie has not yet responded, but I hope he will do so when he sees this thread. YK finally gave his assent.

I would like to enter into nomination James Winters, our own Ysabel Kid for consideration of the Selection Committee. And I urge each and every NRA Voting Member in this Forum to send in a nomination as well.

I will make as much noise for YK’s nomination as I possibly can and I encourage each of you to go forth on the Internet and do likewise. If we can get a couple or three hundred folks nominating the same people perhaps we can get them nominated and elected. That is a first step toward changing the direction of the NRA to reflect the desires of the membership.

I invite James to post a short biography paragraph that may be included with the nomination form.

If any of you have discarded or lost your July issue of Rifleman or Hunter, contact me and I will scan and e-mail you a copy of the form.

Come on fellows, let’s get hustling and get a Levergunner on the NRA Board of Directors! Deadline for nominations is 5 September, so let’s not waste any more time!
Last edited by Doc Hudson on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Attention NRA Voting Members

Post by C. Cash »

Doc, thanks for posting this. I'm in for both of these outstanding men. Will you please email me a copy at cashfam5@comcast.net ?
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Both PillHer and I are Life Members. We will be sending the nominations in this week. Good luck YK.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

I'll see if I can get that done shortly.

Thanks for the info.
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

I wrote both in on the last ballot and encouraged several others to do the same. If we get a longer start then the next election should a favorable outcome.

I did see in the results that Joaquin Jackson was elected to the board again, he being the person responsible for Hobie deciding to run.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I haven't seen our July issues yet, but I'm sure my household (3 voting members), will throw our nominations in for YK.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I guess I missed the write-in drive. I would gladly have voted for both. Especially since it is so hard to figure out who to vote for sometimes (which gives celebrities an edge in the votes.) Celebrities can be good for us, but I know there are some "common folks" out there who can be good for us too.

I'll figure out what to do and do it, Doc.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I am an NRA Benefactor Life Member.

It is unrealistic to expect men, even good friends, to agree on everything. There is, however, great benefit when they can agree on specific issues that are important to them, and prompt them to work toward common goals.

I've read thousands of posts from both of the individuals mentioned and they seem like nice fellows, however, before I'd cast a vote for either I'd ask that each one state in plain language what their personal views on the 2nd Amendment, gun laws, gun ownership, and the NRA itself might be, and what they hope to accomplish as a member of the board of directors of the NRA, both pie in the sky and realistically.

Thanks.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have met Joaquin Jackson once at a gun show where he was selling and signing his book. I am glad to have a man like him on the board of the NRA. We do need good men who stand up for what they believe. YK, you know that you will have a cheering section on this forum, but you better stay true to your values or we will all be letting you hear it. Not a warning or threat, but a friendly reminder to someone I have high regard for.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost