Browning B92 sights

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Browning B92 sights

Post by vancelw »

I have me new-to-me Browning 92 in .44 Mag that I want to put some different sights on.

I'm thinking of putting a fiber optic (green) front sight and a full buckhorn rear sight. If the full buckhorn doesn't work I may try a Bullseye sight. I want fast acquisition without having huge sights-want to to stay a handy carbine as much as possible,

Do you need a front sight tool to get the front sight off without buggering the gun? If so, what kind of tool.
Any info or link will be appreciated.

Also, if I end up using a bullseye rear sight, do I need to put a taller front sight on?
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Re: Browning B92 sights

Post by Malamute »

You will need a torch, or file to remove the front sight, unless its one of the few with the blade pinned into the base. The sight is silver soldered to the barrel. You could have someone with a mill cut a groove into the base so you could pin a blade into it.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

If that's the case, I'll probably leave the front sight alone and try to paint the bead white or something.

I tried to take a picture to post, but my instamatic camera won't focus for me. I'll have to use my DSL camera later.

The B92 is very similar to my jap Winchester 1892 since they're both made by Mikoru, but the front sight on the Winnie is a regular dovetail. It already has a full buckhorn ladder sight, so I may play with it's configuration some before I screw up my pristine Browning.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

'Paint the bead white?'.

Mine has a blade. I wish I could think of a way of getting a fine white 'Ashley' like line on the rear face of the blade.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

(As this is related I am posting this question here, being mindful however that I do not want to hijack vancelw's thread)
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Lawyer Daggit wrote:'Paint the bead white?'.

Mine has a blade. I wish I could think of a way of getting a fine white 'Ashley' like line on the rear face of the blade.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

(As this is related I am posting this question here, being mindful however that I do not want to hijack vancelw's thread)
Conversations normally drift, so it doesn't bother me when threads do.

Yeah, it's not a bead, it's a thin strip of metal. I used oil-based model paint to make it red. I'll see if that helps any. I may put a full buckhorn on the rear sight. If I use it for mule deer my shots will be less than 150 yards for sure and I plan on making them less than 75 yards. I have found that shooting deer from a distance is no longer fun. I like to get them closer to me.